Unpopular and/or cheap pedal that you love........

NappyDugOut

• Members

Digitech Screamin' Blues. Had mine since they came out and it just refuses to get knocked off my board. Everybody went nuts over the Bad Monkey as a cheap alternative to Tubescreamers,but the SB is just a great medium gain overdrive/distortion.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many of these pedals seem either well liked AND cheap, so I'll fire one in and explain why...

DOD fx57 hard rock distortion

It's a rather beefy sounding OD/distortion with a *very short* built in delay courtesy of those MNXXXX chips they used to put in chorus and flanger pedals - stock, only providing a few miliseconds for a doubling effect.

However, a wee twist of the trimmers inside offers up a world of awesome - the delay becomes VERY lofi and toward it's upper limits (now well over a second) it gets r e a l l y bitcrushed and actually repeats the signal an octave or THREE lower that the original note. I've pfaffed around inside some more and modded it to allow me to belnd out all the dry signal as well for extra versatilty. This pedal is also amazing in a FB loop.

Recommended for tweakers!

sounds cool, I need to go to ebay now.

• Members

i like it because it is not too popular and individual sounding. i don't want to sound like everyone else.

I agree 100%. I'm in love with mine and the Turbo mode is great.
I like it much more than the TubeScreamers believe it or not.
I hate TubeScreamers.:mad:

And I really want to try out a Bad Monkey, as well.

• Members
My Boss OS-2 :D

OS2.jpg

With it I can get the exact sounds of...

PJ Harvey "this is love"
The Hives "hate to say I told you so"
Pixies "wave of mutilation"/most thing off Doolittle

In fact, I did a little homework and found that PJ Harvey did actually use one!
I don't use it very often, but I'll never sell it. Plus it was my first pedal and I'm sure it was cheaper back then than it is now. Strange.

• 1 month later...

Archived