Unpopular and/or cheap pedal that you love........

NappyDugOut

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another vote for the OC-2, here. I just picked one up for $10 a week or so ago. Not sure if it's terribly unpopular, but I have seen a couple of reviews where its tracking and "synthiness" were critisized, but I got the impression that those folks were either trying to sub their guitar for a bass, or were expecting it to be polyphonic.

The OC-2>fuzz=:love:

• Members

Barber B-Custom Cool Overdrive. Not cheap, but not expensive either for how much pedal you are getting...

It is unpopular compared to most of Barber's other pedals. The LTD's are all so simple and straight forward, they make this one seem confusing with it's 4 knobs on top (with 2 being push/pulls) and it's 4 internal trim pots. But, it is like a super LTD. It can do anything the other's can do and so much more. Thick, thin, warm, cool, compressed, uncompressed... it is incredibly versatile. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes low gain overdrive and versatility.

Also the Tech 21 Liverpool. It is probably more popular than un but i haven't met anyone else who has one. I love it. It just instantly makes a cheap solidstate practice amp sound much better by adding warmth and life.

Tim

• Members

Lemme see...

For bass:
Peavey BAC-2 Biamp Bass chorus (from the same series as the hotfoot distortion a few pages ago), good bass chorus, also pretty good on guitar, very wide range, but also close to the only ticket in town for an instrument-level crossover in pedal format - amazing for biamping your bass through a guitar rig and a bass rig...

Digitech bass synth wah - unpopular here but not elsewhere. Great digital octaver for little $ even if you use none of the other features.

For guitar, more cheap than unpopular:
Dano tuna melt and chicken salad and fish'n'chips
Ibanez AD99 (got it for cheaps, not really that cheap usually, unpopular only due to size and lack of recognition)
Arion SCH-Z - not an SCH-1, but still very nice chorus for very little $

Steve

• Members

MT-2, for sure. I fell in love with it the first time I played through it. I've never been too concerned about hi-fi metal sounds, so it worked for me sans mods.

And I always liked the Danelectro FAB chorus - the tone was fat as hell for something that I got for less than a night at the movies.

• Members

MT-2, for sure. I fell in love with it the first time I played through it. I've never been too concerned about hi-fi metal sounds, so it worked for me sans mods.

And I always liked the Danelectro FAB chorus - the tone was fat as hell for something that I got for less than a night at the movies.

I've always liked the stock MT-2, then I got a Keeley MT-2 and it awesome(but not soo cheap).......................I actually like the EHX Metal Muff better:thu:

• Members

you don't see that much talk about Guyatone around here.
this has been my main overdrive for a while now:

PS-025_3.jpg

Guyatone PS-025 Touch Overdrive: it's a quirky pedal; there are level and gain controls and then 'Dynamics' (which sets how responsive it is to playing dynamics) and 'Release' (which controls a noise gate).

Archived