What is the best non-rack mount multi-effects unit?

New Trail

• Members

I've been using a Zoom G9.2tt and it's the best multi fx unit I've ever used. It's got two 12ax7 tubes in it that really make a difference - not just for show.

Excellent effects, amp and cab models, and very user-friendly to edit.

• Members

I've been using a Zoom G9.2tt and it's the best multi fx unit I've ever used. It's got two 12ax7 tubes in it that really make a difference - not just for show.

Excellent effects, amp and cab models, and very user-friendly to edit.

that does sound good. Price?

• Members

I wrote an article on my blog about this topic, if you're interested feel free to check it out.

I was a happy G9.2tt owner for some time, although it doesn't stand up at all to software it did a good job of capturing the essence of the amplifier models' signature sounds and had a good variety of amps and effects, many of which were unusual (boutiques, etc.) compared to its competition - both in terms of the amps and the pedals, especially the dirt pedals, that it models.

• Members

I wrote an article on my blog
, if you're interested feel free to check it out.

I was a happy G9.2tt owner for some time, although it doesn't stand up at all to software it did a good job of capturing the essence of the amplifier models' signature sounds and had a good variety of amps and effects, many of which were unusual (boutiques, etc.) compared to its competition - both in terms of the amps and the pedals, especially the dirt pedals, that it models.

nice read

• Members

Line 6 M13. I think it's very underestimated by those who were turned off thinking it was "pod like" I think line 6 amp modeling has always sucked, but I love the thing over my ex-G major. The Carl Martin Quattro is also awesome, but not as versatile as the M13 IMO.

• Members

that does sound good. Price?

The Zoom G9.2tt is around $350.

Before I got that, I had (and still have) a Zoom G2.1u, which is around $150 and is a surprisingly great unit for it's price range. An excellent grab and go unit for jams, rehearsals, etc. I've also gigged with it a number of times.

Also Zoom makes a G7 model that is between the G2 and G9 in terms of features and price, and has one 12ax7 tube in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Damage Control Glass nexus sounds better than them all...

but maybe not really effective unless you have it hooked up to a midi mouse or something....

I agree 100% I have a Glass Nexus and compared the effects the other day to a Tonelab ST and a Rocktron Replifex. The Glass Nexus sounded a LOT better. The Phaser of the GN is pretty close to the sound of a Phase 90 but it doesn't add gain.

Archived