What is the best non-rack mount multi-effects unit?

New Trail

• Members

The Yamaha UD Stomp looks pretty cool . . .

Edit:

yamaha_ud_stomp.jpg

Love mine despite the kludgey interface, but I wouldn't consider it a true multi effect. And since they are scarce, you can probably find something that covers more ground for the same price.

It will handle all your time based needs tho. Delays, verbs, chorusing.... I'm not quite as fond of the flanges, but it can do them.

Magicstomp has a UD model program in it which sounds pretty darn good too, though not quite as full featured as the UD.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

+1 on the nexus. in fact +1000000000000000000000. the glass nexus is simply astonishing, played into a hi fi system, with an analog amp sim like one of the new tech 21 character series or totally clean, the subtley, warmth and magificence is awesome. as a delay unit it would be worth the considerable investment and inevitable wait, but the reverb is to die for and the modulations are out of this world. i hated flange and phasing until i got a nexus. and the dry guitar sound is pure analog, buffered with tubes. and true stereo. it has it's utility limitations but for sheer sound quality i have heard nothing which remotely gets close. oh to be rich and be able to afford a timeline as well. one day. damage control have given me a bad case of GAS.

Archived