Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
As far as a cool, go home, have a beer and jam with yourself box, it is a blast. It has done real well.

Also, my friend Greg Bissonette, as well as Carmen Appice among others are the drummers on those tracks, so I can't roll with your cheeseball assessment.
:)

this is why I don't consider it a "professional" looper like the repeater and echoplex. Sure I understand your market but it seems you are trying to reach everyone from the jam at home crowd to the stage / studio crowd with some of your more advanced products.

I'm not dissing the drummers but the inclusion of these tracks etc. Focus on the jam at home cats exclusively. I couldn't ever imagine that feature used in a band context. I'm simply requesting you fill you HUGE void in hardware loopers. There is no Echoplex, there is no Repeater. Whether it be floor based or rack mountable a modern take on these classic devices would be grand. Look how popular looping has become? Ableton is king in the software world how about a hardware rival for the looping community at large.

• Members
??? O that's right your troll stalking. Nevermind. Don't you have some Hamfisted "demos" to make so you can catch up to BTBAM for Internet credibilities?

Brother man, can we not do this? I don't know if you realize this, I don't know either of you. You have some really cool stuff to say and bring to the conversation but when you call people names and go at them like you do, it starts to take the power out of your posts. Probably the opposite of what you are going for. Maybe we could all ease up on the rhetoric and not talk in such absolutes. We are all real guys sitting opposite each other in cyberspace.

:) Maybe........

• Members

I'm simply requesting you fill you HUGE void in hardware loopers. There is no Echoplex, there is no Repeater. Whether it be floor based or rack mountable a modern take on these classic devices would be grand. Look how popular looping has become? Ableton is king in the software world how about a hardware rival for the looping community at large.

My guess is that the target market for hardware loopers is pretty much going to be met by what's currently being offered - to the extent performers need more sophisticated capabilities, the cost of a dedicated looper with those capabilities starts getting you into laptop range (and I'm seeing more and more pros with laptops on stage these days).

• Members

That is the guy who matched them. So sorry. It is very close.

That is the one we were inspired by for the new Script Phaser.

Well, there most be know improving it then, because he rocked the analog flanger models...

No worries, it still sounds very nice and usable, as you say it is very close ( and after dialing it in some more its even closer to my ears now )...

Maybe it's the lower fi tone of the Dl4 that adds to the ambiance of that particular effect...

• Members
Brother man, can we not do this? I don't know if you realize this, I don't know either of you. You have some really cool stuff to say and bring to the conversation but when you call people names and go at them like you do, it starts to take the power out of your posts. Probably the opposite of what you are going for. Maybe we could all ease up on the rhetoric and not talk in such absolutes. We are all real guys sitting opposite each other in cyberspace.

Maybe........

Apologies to all then.

• Members

Maybe........

I applaud you, sir.

• Members

so my m9 arrived, and it's sick.

buuuut...using the multi head delay mode with an expression pedal is giving me trouble. i want to use the tap tempo and set the expression pedal up to increase repeats. however, no matter what i do, using the expression pedal messes up the tempo, even if i have the heel down and toe down settings EXACTLY the same (i did this to test it).

what am i doing wrong?

• Members

Hey everyone,
Long time lurker in need of some help. Hoping not to get flamed here for asking as there seems to be many different opinions of the Edge, but I am supposed to be playing one of their new songs called Magnificent and was hoping I could see what others are using for their edge-like delay settings on the M9. I just picked up one and I'm loving it so far, but need a little help to get that delay down.

I really appreciate the help...
-josh

• Members

It can kind of. It actually tracks so well that the glitchyness is not quite as musical as the WH1. But a buddy at work figured a way to give that back. Run the Pitch Glide into the Echo Platter set as follows. 20 ms, no feedback, wow/flt at about 60 percent to taste, drive at about 40% to taste and full mix. It gives it more of that iron lung thing.

Thanks! I'm definitly gasing for one now...

• Members
I am the Line 6 guy here and I haven't felt the negativity.
I love to hear what guys want. I may argue to the high heavens, but I am listening and it is because of all the back and forth on the M13 that the M9 was created and the update went to the M13.

would the m9 or m13 have a AUX IN jack for playing along with CD'S

ALSO headphone jack ? asking for a friend, he is wanting the BOSS ME-70

for this sole purpose.

• Members

Got a deal on a new M9 that I couldn't pass up, and I liked it so much I added it to the board!

Need to spend some more time with it, but so far it sounds like they've really improved the modulation from when I had the M13. Delays and looper are killer too, just like the M13 of course.

Pic just so people can get an idea of the size comapred with other pedals on a PT2. Fits nicely on it, but I found if I use my PT Mini I need to use a riser as it won't clear the inputs on the back.

MomsB-day047.jpg

• Members

so my m9 arrived, and it's sick.

buuuut...using the multi head delay mode with an expression pedal is giving me trouble. i want to use the tap tempo and set the expression pedal up to increase repeats. however, no matter what i do, using the expression pedal messes up the tempo, even if i have the heel down and toe down settings EXACTLY the same (i did this to test it).

what am i doing wrong?

EDIT:

SAME PROBLEM

If you have an established tempo, it doesn't do it.

However if you tap the tap tempo, when moving from heel to toe, or toe to heel, it warped the delay time, changing to near a slap back echo.

RICH - BIG ISSUE - HELP

Archived