Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3 More Qs:

1) How accurate does the M tuner claim to be?

2) How do y'all dial in really fine #s, for example, when goofing around with the pitch glide, using only the built-in knob, I have a HECK of a time getting to the exact #s I want. . .easier w/ the external control?

3) I've NEVER used any kind of gate before, thus have zero reference for what is 'good' - how is the in-built gate on these?

• Members
2) How do y'all dial in really fine #s, for example, when goofing around with the pitch glide, using only the built-in knob, I have a HECK of a time getting to the exact #s I want. . .easier w/ the external control?

hold down the tap tempo switch while turning the knob. insta-fine-tunage. :thu:

• Members

If someone could please review the info regarding the updated software I would be forever in your debt. I already have midi cables that I use with my drum machine (and Line 6 Monkey for my Variax).

I've been poking around this thread but it's like 70+ pages long. I don't want to read the 10 pages of mic wars again. I also don't want to invest too much time programming my new M9 if this new software is going to trash the work.

• Members

If someone could please review the info regarding the updated software I would be forever in your debt. I already have midi cables that I use with my drum machine (and Line 6 Monkey for my Variax).

I've been poking around this thread but it's like 70+ pages long. I don't want to read the 10 pages of mic wars again. I also don't want to invest too much time programming my new M9 if this new software is going to trash the work.

I'm having a hard time understanding you....

but I just updated today.

• Members

i'm 99% sure i'm gonna return the m9 and spring for the m13.

i could really use the funds from my other pedals to pay for school expenses, and i'm really impressed with the m9. plus i'm a tap tempo nut...so the global tap tempo = epic win (for me)

i'll keep my dirts, though.

so...

diamond comp, volume pedal, box of rock, tim, model h, m13, dl4. booyah.

• Members

i'm 99% sure i'm gonna return the m9 and spring for the m13.

i could really use the funds from my other pedals to pay for school expenses, and i'm really impressed with the m9. plus i'm a tap tempo nut...so the global tap tempo = epic win (for me)

i'll keep my dirts, though.

so...

diamond comp, volume pedal, box of rock, tim, model h, m13, dl4. booyah.

M13 AND a DL4? Seems excessive, no?

• Members
Why would your run an external tuner?
:freak:

I'm a bass player that tunes down a step and the M13 and M9 don't track to the Low A of my 5 string, also the M13 you have to hold the button to go to tuner I prefer something quicker. M9 I like how it's a single stop of 2 buttons and it goes straight in.

• Members
you biatches don't know how i loop
:cop:

and just as importanty, i have the DL4 set to true bypass (no dsp, no trails) so i can get some nice stutter sounds by turning it on and off.

that's RIGHT.......and i'm gonna use the M9 and the DL-4 together, and it's gonna be PIMP :love:

m9 is mostly gonna do modulations, verbs, and delays, while the DL-4 wil probably be dedicated to looping......but who knows?

i'm gonna get FREAKY with it :love:

• Members

I'm not sure I'll ever be coordinated enough to jump back & forth between looper & normal operation to use it comfortably live (which doesn't matter b/c I don't loop live) but I could easily see having a DL4 after for live stuff - only thing to point out there is that a DL4 set for looping is ALWAYS in DSP bypass. . .

• Members

Okay - I promise this will be my last question regarding looping on either product,

"When in looper mode, with loops going, if you have the scene mode in Latch Scene Mode and you hit the scene button, will it go back into latch scene mode?"

Archived