Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Members

I'm thinking the M13 might be a better fit for me as I like how the models sound and I'm wanting to sell off a bunch of pedals right now. The plan is to hold on to my boosts, fuzz, and wah and use the M13 for everything else, although I'm gonna keep some pedals (DE-7 will not be sold). The only thing is I likely won't use any of the drive models. In that case, won't I be better off with the M9?

Yea I've been evaluating to see how I like the sounds and stuff overall, and I may be pretty sure that I upgrade to the m13 in a near future. however, I am just waiting to see if I really find myself NEEDING the extra stuff...display for all effects on, looper controls WHILE effects controls...4 at once instead of 3...effects loop. If I can get by without those features fairly easily, I may not upgrade...but so far it has been working very well for me. the great thing about it is that it is still midi able, and if I had it rigged with the right controllings switching my scenes could also switch my amps/amp settings and everything. It is a very handy tool, as is the m13, it's really just what all you want control over at a time.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if I'm following you.

AFAIK, almost everything that's in the M13 is in the M9. It's just smaller, absent one bank and some switches, and there's no loop where you can put in external effects. But all the models are the same, so.......

And a couple of the drive models are decent, but if you're in love with your dirt and want to use mFX for everything else, then you'd probably be fine keeping some. You might be able to cut loose a fuzzface or tube screamer or DOD250 if you've got those, otherwise, I'd hang onto them.

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on the wahs on this thing........ (I don't have an expression pedal yet, so I can't speak from personal experience) ........ but the guy I trust is telling me that they're pretty fantastic. So, you might be able to sell that too, if need be.

First, I love my wah, that's never going. Got a Wilson Rippah Q. Booyah.

I think you get the gist, I want the M9/13 to replace all of my modulation and delay. What I'm trying to figure out is if I NEED the extra switches and board space of a M13, although having 4 simultaneous effects vs. 3 is a big plus for the M13.

• Members

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on the wahs on this thing........ (I don't have an expression pedal yet, so I can't speak from personal experience) ........ but the guy I trust is telling me that they're pretty fantastic. So, you might be able to sell that too, if need be.

I did make a {censored}tastic video of all the wah settings if you wanted to drum up the link to it.

• Members

I'm relaxed. Just stop troll stalking me when it's your head up your ass.

Hey six...I just recently got a sennheiser e609. What are your thoughts on that mic?

I know it is the same principle as the 57, but just didn't know your take on it.

• Members

And anyway, I think you're assuming quite a bit here. Seems that you're focused in the idea that some majority here either a) spends time in a studio, b) has a studio of their own, and/or c) has an overwhelming desire to record.

Truth is, I'd say that
in
here
, that's probably not a primary focus. Again, your argument here is a little shortsighted IMO. You're in an FX forum. So to come in and bash people for using FX or being focused on FX is foolish.

Did you start a thread about logic for recording purposes in this very fx forum? Yes.

Do we discuss guitars and amps regularly in the fx forum? Yes.

Do we discuss random {censored} like nirvana728 hugging his way through life? Yes.

Do we discuss how to best create a quality signal path from guitar to amp and everything in between. Yes.

Don't pretend we discuss strictly fx here.

Your an idiot. Don't try to bend reality to fit your feeble minded purposes. I'm confident in my ribbon mic assertion and provided ample reason why I believe ribbons to be superior electric guitar mics. Why did I offer this info? Because I was asked.

I think for those of us who do record, whether at home, like you, or in a studio, or both in my case, the entire signal chain should be considered. Why spend all the attention and money on one fragmnt of the chain?

• Members

Did you start a thread about logic for recording purposes in this very fx forum? Yes.

Do we discuss guitars and amps regularly in the fx forum? Yes.

Do we discuss random {censored} like nirvana728 hugging his way through life? Yes.

Do we discuss how to best create a quality signal path from guitar to amp and everything in between. Yes.

Don't pretend we discuss strictly fx here.

Your an idiot. Don't try to bend reality to fit your feeble minded purposes. I'm confident in my ribbon mic assertion and provided ample reason why I believe ribbons to be superior electric guitar mics. Why did I offer this info? Because I was asked.

I think for those of us who do record, whether at home, like you, or in a studio, or both in my case, the entire signal chain should be considered. Why spend all the attention and money on one fragmnt of the chain?

PM's are your friend (and crxsh's).

• Members

in the end no one will ever know or care what mic you used

They will if you used the wrong mic in the wrong place and things sound like {censored}.

Similarly, using the right mic in the right place will invite the listener.

Sounds that serve the song, sell the song.

• Members

You're
an idiot. Don't try to bend reality to fit your feeble minded purposes. I'm confident in my ribbon mic assertion and provided ample reason why I believe ribbons to be superior electric guitar mics. Why did I offer this info? Because I was asked.

:lol: Wow.

Look, I'm not trying to assert that no one here is concerned with recording. That said, I seriously doubt that many here would drop $400+ on a pair of ribbon mics for whatever you're getting that is perceived as being so much better than an industry-standard mic that's 1/2 or 1/4 the price. This is an FX forum.... that's all I'm trying to say. We buy $400 delays and fuzzes to get better tone than 1/2 or 1/4 price industry-standard stuff in here. Don't confuse that. :p

FWIW, I agree with you ... at least about considering the entire chain. But don't get all condescending because I found your overconfident claims to be a bit empty. An interesting poll for an equally interesting new thread would be something along the lines of "Which do you care more about: Live sound or Recording?"

Either way. I'm done. Back to the M9.

• Members

Hey six...I just recently got a sennheiser e609. What are your thoughts on that mic?

I know it is the same principle as the 57, but just didn't know your take on it.

I've tried it before and yes the same principal applies. I just don't dig hat Dry, super focused sound. Everytime I go into the studio I wind up with the engineer trying a variety of mcs on my amps and I always like / use the ribbon. I just prefer breathing room to my sound. I don't like one million layers either. I prefer the AC/DC approach. Minimal and badass. Less is more for me.

Mics I have enjoyed aside from ribbons were the blue dragonfly and an AKG 414 set to figure 8.

• Members

609 is perfect for guitars, especially since you can drape it over the cab; makes for simple setups.

It's great on snare and is actually quite good on kick too.

• Members

My claims about ribbon mics are "empty"? Negro please. My claims are based on my own experience as well as treks and true records evidence.

Albini estimates that he has engineered the recording of 1,500 to 2,000 albums, mostly by rather obscure musicians. More prominent artists that Albini has worked with include Nirvana, Helmet,Fred Schneider, The Stooges, Mogwai, The Jesus Lizard, Pixies, The Breeders, Don Caballero, PJ Harvey, Manic Street Preachers, The Wedding Present, Bush, Joanna Newsom, Nina Nastasia, Jawbreaker, The Membranes, Superchunk, Low, Dirty Three, Cheap Trick, Slint, Mono, Neurosis. And Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

Empty claims?

• Members

My claims about ribbon mics are "empty"? Negro please. My claims are based on my own experience as well as treks and true records evidence.

Albini estimates that he has engineered the recording of 1,500 to 2,000 albums, mostly by rather obscure musicians. More prominent artists that Albini has worked with include Nirvana, Helmet,Fred Schneider, The Stooges, Mogwai, The Jesus Lizard, Pixies, The Breeders, Don Caballero, PJ Harvey, Manic Street Preachers, The Wedding Present, Bush, Joanna Newsom, Nina Nastasia, Jawbreaker, The Membranes, Superchunk, Low, Dirty Three, Cheap Trick, Slint, Mono, Neurosis. And Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

Empty claims?

I'm tired of these mother{censored}ing ribbons on my mother{censored}ing M9.

PM him, please. I'm here to learn more about the M9, I don't care what you think about ribbon mics.

• Members

I can't resist.

Empty claims?

Before my comment, the only substance you provided besides some personal experience-fueled hyperbole were a couple of relatively vague Albini references. Nothing substantial. Empty. Hollow.

So I asked for something concrete -- a specific example of what you were claiming -- and you turned into a little namecalling bitch.

• Members

Empty claims?

Archived