Just bought this Mesa on ebay and now the shop want to cancel!

Kid_A

• Members

You know, I don't really know Dax at all, but I know from being around here long enough that he has a rep as a stand up guy. This is more about this shop owning their mistake like any of those of us who are here who sell (i.e. own a shop) would. Heck, I would have probably been ok if they'd just explained themselves to him and offered to meet him halfway between or something, but they simply made no effort at all. You can't get away with that here in the US, there is too much competition, for one, not to mention it's just the right thing to do.

I DO have a hard time believing they "accidentally" listed it at that price, though. I mean, come on, you have to list in multiple steps for a reason, so that kind of stuff doesn't happen. I've been on eBay almost as long as they have, and I have NEVER accidentally listed something with the wrong price like that.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no, there's no national musical instrument chains here.

the nearest we had was Sound Control which had about a dozen stores in scotland and the north of england but they folded three or four years ago.

Man, that's hard to believe, considering how it is here. It's hard for independent shops here because often the chains buy stuff at wholesale prices that we aren't even allowed to see, but you know it happens when you see a chain selling something at retail for less than the lowest price column on the wholesale sheet the manufacturer offered you. To be fair, there isn't nearly as much of that now as there was 10 years ago, though. I have no problem with tough competition as long as everyone is allowed to play on the same field.... AND, treating people right goes a LONG way, even if you can't price match every single time. People remember when you treat them well, and they ALWAYS come back because of it, at least that's been my experience.

• Members

It was a buy it now that I jumped on about an hour ago. I haven't sent any money yet as I needed to move some money around then I was going o paypal them tonight.

Not answered their cancel request yet as I needed some advice first. I mean if I claimed I had over budded I'm sure I'd be taken to the cleaners.

A swift snap kick to the head is in order!

If you never paid them is there a legal contract?

• Members

according to ebay - yes...

as soon as an offer to buy (ie you click Buy It Now like Daz did or 'win' an auction) is made, then you have entered into a binding contract.

as has already been said, ebay themselves have no power to force the sale to go ahead.

if anything, this scenario is usually reversed: it's the buyer who backs out of a transaction.

• Members
heh!

Still waiting on a reply to my message... Oh and did you see what someone wrote on the negative feedback? I almost spat my cereal out with laughter!

WAITED 2 MONTHS.OWNER OF MG TOLD ME TO SUCK HIS **** STILL NO REFUND

Reply by musicground (03-Mar-10 20:48):

Buyer was totally abusive /rude on phone ,gave full refund within 24 hours

JMI LIMITED EDITION SUPA FUZZ REISSUE MARK I CIRCUIT (#310159976831)

hahahah

From what I've read, those fuzz reissues were frequently delayed. They still went ahead and advertised them as being for sale with no hint that you'd have to wait for them.

Daz, I'd drop the thread over at Plexi Palace and ask if anyone else has had some bad experiences with Music Ground. I'd be expecting 10 pages within 24 hours of replies :D

• Members

heh!

Still waiting on a reply to my message... Oh and did you see what someone wrote on the negative feedback? I almost spat my cereal out with laughter!

WAITED 2 MONTHS.OWNER OF MG TOLD ME TO SUCK HIS **** STILL NO REFUND

Reply by musicground (03-Mar-10 20:48):

Buyer was totally abusive /rude on phone ,gave full refund within 24 hours

JMI LIMITED EDITION SUPA FUZZ REISSUE MARK I CIRCUIT (#310159976831)

hahahah

I liked this one:

item out of stock & continued to be sold. Disappointing. Very poor

Reply by musicground (24-Feb-10 23:12):

Relisted in error ,offered full refund within the day we are HUMAN buyer is NOT

Can't help but wonder what the buyer IS, then...

• Members

At a conventional auction (ie. one taking place in an auction house), few buyers pay immediately. When that bid is made and the auctioneer closes the auction, that is binding.

This is not an auction. As the regulations (http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/) for distance selling say:

2.17 How a contract is concluded determines whether the method of sale

is an auction and so falls outside the DSRs. Fixed price sales,

including

• Members

I just sent them:

Hmm...I don't understand how you are allowed to relist an item that has previously been agreed to by binding contract to a sale with another person on a different deal? You can believe that the Better Business Bureau, or Consumer Action Group, will be contacted about your practices. This will go beyond ebay feedback, I can assure you. If it goes the way it should go, you should even be hit with fraud for what you do. I'll see to it that your ebay sales will cease to continue.

• Members
I just sent them:

Hmm...I don't understand how you are allowed to relist an item that has previously been agreed to by binding contract to a sale with another person on a different deal? You can believe that the Better Business Bureau, or Consumer Action Group, will be contacted about your practices. This will go beyond ebay feedback, I can assure you. If it goes the way it should go, you should even be hit with fraud for what you do. I'll see to it that your ebay sales will cease to continue.

Brilliant!:thu:

• Members

a month ago i ordered 10 stereo, and 30 mono jacks from this guy

http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=6.5+mm+Right+Angle+Plug+Adapter&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=6.5+mm+Mono+Right+Angle+Plug+Adapter&_osacat=0

two weeks ago i got a "Request from seller to cancel transaction" for the stereo ones since they weren't in stock.

:arg:

i requested a full refund and for him to send me the mono ones for free.

which he agreed to after i left negative feedback

but he made good on his promise and refunded me for everything and i received the mono ones for free.

this morning i got another "Request from seller to cancel transaction" from him saying the mono ones are out of stock and i won't receive them.

what a dummy, they've already been delivered.

see if you can do the same with this store and get them to send you free {censored} as compensation.

• Members
Man, that's hard to believe, considering how it is here. It's hard for independent shops here because often the chains buy stuff at wholesale prices that we aren't even allowed to see, but you know it happens when you see a chain
selling something at retail
for less than the lowest price column on the
wholesale
sheet the manufacturer offered
you
. To be fair, there isn't nearly as much of that now as there was 10 years ago, though. I have no problem with tough competition as long as everyone is allowed to play on the same field.... AND, treating people right goes a LONG way, even if you can't price match every single time. People remember when you treat them well, and they ALWAYS come back because of it, at least that's been my experience.

Thanks for the help John! Really appreciate your help and advice... :thu:

I haven't bothered replying to Musicground either. That {censored}ty offer of 10% off was a bit of a slap in the face.

Andy, I have a plexi palace account actually so could post something, but I dont want to start a one man crusade over this... I do reckon some kind of sticky for bad shops/dealers or something would be helpful though...

• Members
Thanks for the help John! Really appreciate your help and advice...
:thu:

I haven't bothered replying to Musicground either. That {censored}ty offer of 10% off was a bit of a slap in the face.

Andy, I have a plexi palace account actually so could post something, but I dont want to start a one man crusade over this... I do reckon some kind of sticky for bad shops/dealers or something would be helpful though...

they already know of MG shadiness over there at PP.

• Members

{censored}e! I want a nice amp with an EF86 channel and the valve top boost built in

maybe I should look to the states?

I was looking for a head to sit on my 60's cab

2194770710055079378S600x600Q85.jpg

if anyone from Musicground reads this,you've probably just pissed away a couple of grands worth of a sale :wave:

Archived