Just bought this Mesa on ebay and now the shop want to cancel!

Kid_A

• Members

they probably made an error in their listing.

sucks.

leave them negative feedback and move on.

their feedback history already speaks volumes on them

if someone won an auction by accidentally putting an extra zero on their bid then refused to pay you know they'd make a fuss over it.

why should they get away with double standards?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if someone won an auction by accidentally putting an extra zero on their bid then refused to pay you know they'd make a fuss over it.

they're not getting away. they'll be getting negative feedback.

like if a buyer made an error and refused to pay.

• Members

they're not getting away. they'll be getting negative feedback.

like if a buyer made an error and refused to pay.

What makes this worse is that Music Ground relisted the amp before the transaction with Daz was even cancelled. I had to cancel a transaction recently as a guy hit BIN half an hour after I'd sold the amp on another forum and was waiting for the money. I always take down an Ebay listing if I sell elsewhere once the cash is with me. The guy on Ebay was very cool about it. Those sort of situations are unfortunate but pretty rare.

What Music Ground have done is disgraceful and relisting the amp at a higher price before the transactions has been rendered void speaks volumes for what a bunch of pricks they are.

• Members

1. it prompts you twice asking if you're sure you want to continue, if you go through two sceens with a huge over bid, you're an idiot

2. that's not how eBay works. if something is $79 and you want your max bid to be $100 but type in $1000, it doesn't suddenly jackup the price to $1000, itll stay at $82 until someone bids higher, then it'll up your bid again by a couple bucks. unless you accidentally type in $1000 and then someone else enters $999, it'll never hit your huge overbid.

• Members

Really appreciate the help and advice on tr matter. John Hillier, thanks for sending them a message too, and all the low ball offers made me chuckle.

As far as I see it, if they called me or even emailed me with a really sorry about this email I'd have been cool and let it go. I'm just pissed off thy they think they can do whatever they like and just relist something again with no explanation to me.

I am calling eBay in a mo and see what I can do. This is now not about a cheap amp, but to be the worst most annoying moaning whiney customer ever...

Power to the people, $5 mesas for everyone!

• Members

Really appreciate the help and advice on tr matter. John Hillier, thanks for sending them a message too, and all the low ball offers made me chuckle.

As far as I see it, if they called me or even emailed me with a really sorry about this email I'd have been cool and let it go. I'm just pissed off thy they think they can do whatever they like and just relist something again with no explanation to me.

Agreed. Relisting before you've actually agreed to cancel the transaction is totally wrong and they deserve to have their arse kicked for it.

• Members

The missus got onto ebay (she deals with customer service for a fashion brand so is god in this field)... Ebay are putting a "certain action" against their account. They wouldn't say what, but it will hinder their selling rights in future...

THEY WANNA GET NUTS!!!??? C'MON LETS GET NUTS!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]ThczlnIF-MA[/YOUTUBE]

Yep.

I guess you could threaten the seller tossing around a lot of legally binding contract talk, but really I don't think there is much else you can do unless you have a few good lawyer friends.

Lawyer / breach of contract... but even then, I don't know how successful it would be.

What might work is threatening to not only report them to ebay, but also spread their name on every musical website you post on... AND threaten to report their business practices to Mesa... :idea:

• Members
What might work is threatening to not only report them to ebay, but also spread their name on every musical website you post on... AND threaten to report their business practices to Mesa...
:idea:

To be honest Phil, if I did, and they finally honoured the deal, you just know they would do something to {censored} the amp up. It's just not worth the hassle... I have reported them and hit them where it hurts... selling on ebay rights.

• Members

Daz, you want to put all this in a letter / email to their local trading standards (Doncaster ?), they'll be all over it.

You reckon? Im just pissed at their attitude towards it really, I mean it was a silly price, but if I accidentally offered

• Members
I bet they're counting on you to let it pass so they can rinse/repeat.

Hmmm, I have already filed the report with ebay...but, do you reckon I politely insist on them selling me the amp or I will have to let ebay, fraud people and several guitar forums know to never deal with them?

:cop:

• Members
Hmmm, I have already filed the report with ebay...but, do you reckon I politely insist on them selling me the amp or I will have to let ebay, fraud people and several guitar forums know to never deal with them?

It won't make any difference, they won't sell you it. I remember once I was in Vintage & Rare in Denmark Street and (seriously) a Police detective was asking questions in all the stores about Music Ground and about to visit them. They are notorious for their bad business practices.

• Members

I dunno, like you said they may {censored} with it.

You could always get in touch with the Fair Trading Commision or what ever regulartory body you have over there.

After all, this is a 'store' not just some douche in his mum's garage.

Serious biznets

It won't make any difference, they won't sell you it. I remember once I was in Vintage & Rare in Denmark Street and (seriously) a Police detective was asking questions in all the stores about Music Ground and about to visit them. They are notorious for their bad business practices.

They'd probably just try to claim it was a "honest mistake" or a "typo" or something like that...

Sucks, but I doubt he'll ever see that amp. :(

• Members

Im thinking of writing this just to see what happens... any help on wording is welcome!

I am annoyed, upset and frankly shocked that you have backed out on binding contract on ebay, and then to have the audacity to relist for twice the price while not resolving the issue with myself.

I used the buy it now in good faith that I would be purchasing an amp from a reputable shop. Instead im an amp down and no real explanation or offer to resolve it.

I have contacted ebay to file a complaint but im willing to drop it if you will honour the deal we both entered into.

Phil the auction is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MESA-BOOGIE-HEARTBREAKER-COMBO-100W-VALVE-AMP_W0QQitemZ310206424213QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item4839be6495#ht_2091wt_853

Archived