Just bought this Mesa on ebay and now the shop want to cancel!

Kid_A

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've relisted it, as you're already aware... and it's a used amp, not even a new one, so they can't claim they had to stick with Mesa's price guidelines or anything like that.

It smacks of bait and switch, or even fraud IMHO. Certainly breach of contract.

Spread the word. I'm half tempted to tell them I'M going to spread the word... :evil: I hate shops that do stuff like that! :mad:

Looks like they've already gotten 5 offers on the relist. Perchance was that you guys sending them frivolous high bids with no intent of honoring them? ;):D

Not that I'd recommend doing that mind you, but they'd be in little moral position to gripe about it, seeing as they don't honor their contracts.

• Members
They've relisted it, as you're already aware... and it's a used amp, not even a new one, so they can't claim they had to stick with Mesa's price guidelines or anything like that.

It smacks of bait and switch, or even fraud IMHO. Certainly breach of contract.

Spread the word.
I'm half tempted to tell them I'M going to spread the word
:evil:
I hate shops that do stuff like that!
:mad:

:eek:

Man if Bobby D got on board it'd be like the A Team!! :lol: Can I be Face? :wave:

Apparently I'd have to register with Ebay UK in order to send them a message / "ask the seller a question", but if you wanted to point them to this thread as an example of the damage their actions are causing to their reputation, I would not have a problem with it.

They could even feel free to post "their side of the story" here if they wanted to. I'd be fair to them... but at this point, I don't see how they can possibly justify screwing you over the way they appear to have done.

• Members

That weird Phil, you should just be able to ask a question... It might of asked you to sign in (which you would just use your normal ID/pw)...

Im going to send them that message and see what they say and then ill see if they want a peek at this thread... cheers for the headsup though Phil!

• Members

heh!

Still waiting on a reply to my message... Oh and did you see what someone wrote on the negative feedback? I almost spat my cereal out with laughter!

WAITED 2 MONTHS.OWNER OF MG TOLD ME TO SUCK HIS **** STILL NO REFUND

Reply by musicground (03-Mar-10 20:48):

Buyer was totally abusive /rude on phone ,gave full refund within 24 hours

JMI LIMITED EDITION SUPA FUZZ REISSUE MARK I CIRCUIT (#310159976831)

hahahah

• Members

I would send them a link to this thread, and every thread you start on every website about this issue. Let them know that you will let all the forumites know whether or not Music Go Round made things right in the end.

• Members

This sucks :mad:

I, like many others, am not surprised even in the slightest. I've only had had dealings with Music Ground a couple of times and on both occasions they couldn't even be polite or remotely interested in me as a potential customer. Bunch of twats.

I decided there were much nicer people to give my money to.

Hope you manage to at least piss them off even if you don't get the amp.

• Members

I got a reply from them a few minutes ago:

"Thanks for the mail
This was listed in error you friend spotted the auction within an hour of it being listed.
We contacted him and sent him an email explaining the situation.
We apologise for this error but will not be selling the amp for

Archived