How many of you guise have a heart for the Lord?

Loobs

• Members
Except there are also New Testament verses that condemn homosexuality too.
:facepalm:

The New Testament says a lot of things. It's a little short-sighted just to say that it includes verses that condemn homosexuality.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a little short-sighted just to say that it includes verses that condemn homosexuality.

which I would argue it doesn't actually say anything at all about the disposition of being homosexual, and whether it says anything about homosexual sex itself is up for debate.

• Members
Indeed, I've stopped worrying about it now though. I just accept that your culture, while very similar in some respects, is very different in others. People talking about guns is weirder to be honest, do you remember that knife thread and all the Brits were freaking out going wtf! ... and the Americans are all 'why the {censored} are you freaking out?'
:lol:
..... funny.

The more I talk to Brits I feel like I should just move. There are parts of America I really do love though.

• Members

The more I talk to Brits I feel like I should just move. There are parts of America I really do love though.

well there's plus's and minus's to both I guess.... I know someone who moved from here to New York and he won't move back. He thinks it's brilliant over there. He also thinks he kids will have a better life there than here (he married to an American) ... I'm not convinced that's true but it's a different life for sure... 'better' is kind of subjective, it depends what you want and how you want to live I guess.

..and as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

• Members

well there's plus's and minus's to both I guess.... I know someone who moved from here to New York and he won't move back. He thinks it's brilliant over there. He also thinks he kids will have a better life there than here (he married to an American) ... I'm not convinced that's true but it's a different life for sure... 'better' is kind of subjective, it depends what you want and how you want to live I guess.

i think it falls in the grass is always greener on the other side catergory

• Members

i think it falls in the grass is always greener on the other side catergory

haha, you typed that just as I was editing my post to include that!!

and yeah, it's very true I think. It was a wise man who said that... I wonder who it was?

it just says 'english proverb'

• Members

Exactly, both are pretty clear unless you want to twist them because you're not comfortable with what it says.

well, romans 1 doesn't say one thing about the disposition of being homosexual. others argue it doesn't even condemn homosexual sex. it speaks of some priests and priestesses falling into sexual depravity, having sex with loads of guys/girls.

quote, a gay christian,

"Did these priests and priestesses get into these behaviors because they were lesbian or gay? I don't think so. Did God abandon them because they were practicing homosexuals? No. Read the text again."

as far as the 1 corinthian passage, the word 'homosexual' has only been used in the past 50 years. there is debate on what the original greek actually meant, we aren't really sure. something along the lines of 'effeminate call boys' or 'male prostitutes'.

• Members

If anyone on here actually thinks they are going to change someones mind by arguing and quoting {censored} over the internet you are grade A {censored}ing deluded!

doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable/engaging.

and I know that I, for one, have learned new things from reading debates/talking to people on here.

• Members
doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable/engaging.

i guess, im just used to my housemate... who on the night before a final exam spent hours f'in and blindin at her laptop screen because some nobody wouldnt agree with her on some {censored}... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

I can't be bothered with this to be honest ha.

I didn't say Homosexuals can't be Christians or are "abandoned by god" (whatever that even means), I'd class it as a sin just like lying or murder.

Anyway if the basis of the Christian belief is based on justification by faith and not works is all of this just splitting hairs anyway? :cop:

• Members
i guess, im just used to my housemate... who on the night before a final exam spent hours f'in and blindin at her laptop screen because some nobody wouldnt agree with her on some {censored}...

*Insert classic "SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET" picture here*

• Members
If anyone on here actually thinks they are going to change someones mind by arguing and quoting {censored} over the internet you are grade A {censored}ing deluded!

Best post ever on the internet... :thu:

• Members

I can't be bothered with this to be honest ha.

I didn't say Homosexuals can't be Christians or are "abandoned by god" (whatever that even means), I'd class it as a sin just like lying or murder.

Anyway if the basis of the Christian belief is based on justification by faith and not works is all of this just splitting hairs anyway?

I mean, its not really splitting hairs if you would be so bold as to call homosexuality a sin. just sayin'.

• Members
Heres a scientific question. in the theory of "evolution" we come from monkeys, insects, protozoa. Right? So our species was once a monkey? Right? So therefore it should be perfectly possible and normal to procreate with monkeys and insects? Right?

Have you or anyone ever seen an animal evolve? Why did a monkey decide to jump down from a tree and start walking? how come there are still animals today? Why haven't they evolved into humans?

Finally, question
re-worded
why was the human race even made? Sounds scientific to me...

Y'see you were doing so well with all the equal rights for gays stuff earlier in the thread, i almost thought you were sane and reasonable ... and then this :facepalm: ... go read a book or two and not one written by a bunch of goat herders. No wonder you don't believe in evolution, you haven't even the faintest idea how it works.

Humans were not once monkeys. Monkeys and ourselves evolved from a common ancestor.

As for why we can't breed with insects. I'm not even going to humour you with an answer it's such an ridiculous question.

You can witness speices changing over just a few generations. Darwin observed this artificially with pigeon breeders.

A monkey (singular) did not jump down from a tree and start walking. Just as a fish did not hop out of the sea and do the same. A giraffe did not suddenly appear one day with a long neck to reach the highest branches. The process is slow, very slow, gradual changes over a vast period of time.

'how come there are still animals today? Why haven't they evolved into humans?' ... This statement shows you really don't have a clue. Imagine evolution as a tree, starting at the trunk and spreading outwards with many many different branches. We are related to the great apes but they are a different branch. We did not come from them, we both came from a common ancestor, 2 smaller branches stemming from a larger one, that one stemming from another, and so on.

The human race was not made. It evolved. There are many previous versions of hominids (look it up), different branches of the evolutionary tree that didn't survive. We didn't just pop up one day out of nowhere.

I do hope you were joking and i just fell for it. I'm no expert at all but evolution makes perfect sense to me and most of the thinking population. If you truly do believe what you typed then i pity you and your poor education. Read some books, please.

Archived