How many of you guise have a heart for the Lord?

Loobs

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
hahah I love that so many people here dont believe in god. I feel so at home
:love:

You just wait, the believers will be along soon. And no matter what they say, their arguments *always* eventually come back to 'faith', because there simply isn't ANY proof for what they believe in. yet there's plenty of proof on the other side of the argument.

Circular reasoning FTW.

• Members
You just wait, the believers will be along soon. And no matter what they say, their arguments *always* eventually come back to 'faith', because there simply isn't ANY proof for what they believe in. yet there's plenty of proof on the other side of the argument.

Circular reasoning FTW.

break-the-cycle.jpg

• Members

read it whilst you enjoy your shallow meaningless lives!!
:wave:

I'd rather live a 'shallow and meaningless life' than put my faith in and live my entire life around something which is full of proven lies, contradictions, and sheer impossibilities.

If you feel you need to find meaning in your life for it to be worth living, you're doing it wrong. There is no meaning to life. You just have to enjoy it whilst you have it, rather than worrying about the wrath of a god that's fictional, or hoping for an afterlife that will never and can never come.

There are a million awesome things in life. Forget about the binds of a religion. Go out and enjoy your life. Live your life. Love life. Because your days here are numbered, and there is absolutely nothing on the other side.

• Members

I fail to see your argument.

are you trying to say the events of Noah's Ark occurred 250 million years ago and is the absolute only surviving tale from that era.

Well, it's always the best stories that last.:poke:

• Members

If you feel you need to find meaning in your life for it to be worth living, you're doing it wrong. There is no meaning to life. You just have to enjoy it whilst you have it, rather than worrying about the wrath of a god that's fictional, or hoping for an afterlife that will never and can never come.

There are a million awesome things in life. Forget about the binds of a religion. Go out and enjoy your life. Live your life. Love life. Because your days here are numbered, and there is absolutely nothing on the other side.

1.God isn't some tyrannous ruler who make you obey him by making you fear him.

2.If enjoying your life means going out and having random sex, pass. You could end up with a kid you don't want (therefore stopping you from "enjoying your life") or getting some messed up funky rash on your junk.

3. I don't live my life in fear or anything, I lead a perfectly normal life.

4. Why attack Christianity? Go attack this guy's religion. Alien Overlord???? now that's flawed.

cruisenuts.jpg

• Members
If only I had that kind of power.

Only a touch of deep blue delay can save this cluster{censored} of a thread now.

i just emailed my pastor buddy from the Methodist church i used to play it. i miss him :love:

i think i might go back to do some gigs.

i have a phaser :cop:

and i think jesus wants me to do some more gigs at his house :thu:

• Members

If you feel you need to find meaning in your life for it to be worth living, you're doing it wrong. There is no meaning to life.

Maybe you could unpack the intellectual journey you took to get to this point.

Your statement is tantamount to "I solved Philosophy guise!" Where were you 2000+ years ago? You could have sent Socrates home early and made the entire discipline moot.

• Members

2.If enjoying your life means going out and having random sex, pass. You could end up with a kid you don't want (therefore stopping you from "enjoying your life") or getting some messed up funky rash on your junk.

Where did you get that from?

• Members

Jesus probably existed, as did many of the "prophets" wandering around the region at the time.

The book of Q (no idea why its named that) is the believed to have been the actual writings of Christ himself. There are parts of the different books that are nearly word for word suggesting they came from a common source. They are the "good" bits of the bible. The parts that say don't be a dick to your neighbor, that type of stuff.

Christ was not supernatural, he was just a philosopher with some ideas about how to live a good life.

The supernatural parts were added by men later to make the message more impressive to people of the day. Much of the "historical" events in the bible are perversions of actual events. they were twisted around to serve a purpose.

Do you honestly believe a man walked on water and magically made a {censored} ton of fish and bread?

I see Christianity as just as ridiculous as Mormons and Scientoligists. It is all the same. Ridiculous stories that people believe because they think they are going to get something out of the afterlife.

Why would I believe in the Bible when the Qu'ran, the Torah, the Vedas, or Dianetics could be just as "true". I'd be {censored}ed in the afterlife.

I don't believe in the afterlife. If science can tell me what happens without a doubt, I'll believe that. For now, you just die. Brain function ceases to happen, you don't have thoughts anymore. You are just gone. It's depressing, but life is full of depressing things. Just live life, because it could end tomorrow. I don't want to live my life in fear of some sky daddy who is going to rain down retribution, and the concept of that alone is laughable.

There you go Crxsh, that pretty much sums up my views on the bible and religion.

• Members

If you take the obviously cheesy worship focused stuff out of the video it does a pretty decent job of showing the basic construction of a song. Most of the time guys just wank non stop and don't have any concept of how a piece of music is constructed.

This.

• Members

I see Christianity as just as ridiculous as Mormons and Scientoligists. It is all the same. Ridiculous stories that people believe because they think they are going to get something out of the afterlife.

Seriously, I can sympathize, but I think if you're going to be honest with yourself, you're speaking from a jaded point of view?

There is merit to your opinion: God's a farce and Christianity is a joke (for any number of reasons). As a Christian, that's something I contend with within myself, so I don't want to take anything away from the validity your opinion has. I'd simply submit that more brilliant and "conscious" minds than ours have thought otherwise; there is SOMETHING there that demands serious consideration. 2000 years of baggage notwithstanding, it would be unfortunate to be dismissive.

• Members

I don't want to live my life in fear of some sky daddy who is going to rain down retribution, and the concept of that alone is laughable.

And if they do, I honestly believe that they're doing it wrong. Obviously there are moral considerations, but here's what the Bible says on that matter:

Galatians 5:1, 13-14

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Freedom in Christ FTW.

Archived