How many of you guise have a heart for the Lord?

Loobs

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol

I'm not sure it's a cop out. Even science goes, "Before the Big Bang? Heh, you're on your own with that one!"

Science deals with what exists within
this
Universe. First causes are outside our ability to explore. So, no matter what world view you espouse, you run into the same epistemic brick wall.

Good point.

But I've seen science trump God (or man's notations of "God's words") with evidence in other senario's, I guess this one is just preemptive.

• Members

Don't confuse judgment with hatred. :arg:

interesting that you bring up hatred, as if one could easily infer god with hatred. Does that pop up in your mind a lot?

obviously not gunna confuse judgement with "kind and loving" eh?

• Members

Bottom line: I refuse to accept the notion that my life is pointless and that I am, and everything I know is the result of some kind of primordial accident.

this is the bottom line for many christians. 100% ego driven.

• Members

Bottom line: I refuse to accept the notion that my life is pointless.

You're life wouldn't be pointless mate, you have a wife, you'll probably have children one day, you will probably do lots of things that will help others to make their lives more fulfilling, you might even make some fantastic discoveries, or write an important book to leave for future generations... life is not pointless even if it has no 'grand meaning'.. it's there to be grabbed with both hands and made the most of. .... imo.

• Members

interesting that you bring up hatred, as if one could easily infer god with hatred. Does that pop up in your mind a lot?

obviously not gunna confuse judgement with "kind and loving" eh?

Just because God, in the bible, punishes people, does not mean he is not loving, it could be out of love that he punishes. Like parents punish their children so that they learn. If God is just, he cannot standby and not bring judgement where it is needed. The view you have of the God of the bible is very shallow, seems more of an emotional reaction spurred by a common cultural misconception.

• Members

You're life wouldn't be pointless mate, you have a wife, you'll probably have children one day, you will probably do lots of things that will help others to make their lives more fulfilling, you might even make some fantastic discoveries, or write an important book to leave for future generations... life is not pointless even if it has no 'grand meaning'.. it's there to be grabbed with both hands and made the most of. .... imo.

This x 1000000000000000000000000

I have a beautiful wife, beautiful pets, a wonderful family and the best friends a man could wish for. Add to that my good health, and the enjoyment I get from simle things like music and fine food, and what's not to like?

I don't believe my life has any meaning whatsoever. I'm not here for a purpose. I have nothing to prove. I'm not destined to do or achieve anything important, I make my own fate and I live with my decisions.

And even still, life is {censored}ing great.

• Members

I would. I wouldn't accept a god who sends good people who weren't christians to pain and eternal horror in hell and people who murder and fiddle with kids but say sorry afterwards go to heaven... I'd probably start some kind of facebook group to make him change his ways.
:lol:

That's a good point... and going along w/ Redprince's comment, love ? permission and forgiveness requires more than an apology.

• Members

This x 1000000000000000000000000

I have a beautiful wife, beautiful pets, a wonderful family and the best friends a man could wish for. Add to that my good health, and the enjoyment I get from simle things like music and fine food, and what's not to like?

I don't believe my life has any meaning whatsoever. I'm not here for a purpose. I have nothing to prove. I'm not destined to do or achieve anything important, I make my own fate and I live with my decisions.

And even still, life is {censored}ing great.

I'm all for Carpe Diem and whatnot, but the notion that I was an accident and that I'm here for naught isn't something I can accept. Call it weakness, call it ego, call it the human need for a grand purpose... whatever

• Members
I'm all for Carpe Diem and whatnot, but the notion that I was an accident and that I'm here for naught isn't something I can accept. Call it weakness, call it ego, call it the human need for a grand purpose... whatever

• Members
I rather be surprised that I disappeared into nothing, then be surprised that I'm going to be tormented for eternity.
:eek:

I'd rather disappear into nothing than go to an eternal anything.

Once you let go of the concept of potential eternal punishment if you don't tow the line, death isn't a frightening prospect anymore. And when it's not a frightening prospect, you realise that actually you don't need to cling on to some desperate hope of something after this life.

And at that point, you accept life for what it is and start just making every moment count.

Face up to the real truth, people.

Archived