The HCFX Illness...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm with you, more than one year i'm not heavily gasing on anything anymore

i'm set with amps, efx and guitars (sorta, want a semi hollow, but lefties i like a hard to get by and pricy)

the greatest disappointment is, that i have not felt for a pedal in a while i must get, having overdrives, fuzzes distortions, flangers phasers micro pog wah and several delays does not make me want something new

• Members

I like getting new stuff now and then, I admit it. But I almost always sell something, to get something new. ANd I take the time to do some research to see if what I'm after, I'll actually use. It's trial and error though. And I'm back to "value" pedals, those that sound good but don't cost a lot. I bought 3 this weekend, lol.

But my focus will be back to guitars soon, and maybe a different amp in the future.

• Members

My conscience is clear.

I don't drink much, smoke, drug, buy fancy clothes or even have a car. I gotta spend my spare money on something.

Same here. I literally only have GAS for pedals. I never really get that interested in guitars themselves and only slightly in amps.

• Members
What amps
do
you have, Fender&ehx?

My main amp is a '63 Fender 6G16 Brownface Vibroverb.

I also use a '68 Fender Silverface Vibro Champ.

My stereo rig uses two '77 Electro-Harmonix Mike Matthews' Dirt Road Specials.

Since I haven't gigged much in recent years, I don't need a lot of power or clean headroom. I'm all about the MOJO :cool:

• Members

If makes you feel better, you have demonstrated that you have put your gear to excellent creative use. Some of the multi-channel pedal signal chains and combinations you have posted for your songs show that you actually put these things to use.

However, if you feel the need to minimize, I will help you out and take that 16 Second Delay off your hands. Just trying to help.

• Members

Bingo! This is exactly it, isn't it Gaetano? We are always looking for Christmas morning, even as adults
:love:

yep!

That's something mystical goin' on from the moment you place your order till when it arrives to your door. Not so many things can be compared to the happiness of a mailman ringin at your door:lol:

At least you do some great songs, Thomas;)

• Members
yep!

That's something mystical goin' on from the moment you place your order till when it arrives to your door. Not so many things can be compared to the happiness of a mailman ringin at your door:lol:

At least you do some great songs, Thomas;)

:wave::love: Thank you, Gentlemen.

• Members
I think the problem is everyone spends money on a noise gate instead of turning the gain down
:facepalm:
. Also many don't give pedals a chance. They rely to heavy on there amps and only own maybe 3-4 pedals tops. Which consist of boost ( OCD,ts-9, or sd-1 ) noise gate ( ISP more than likely ) , a delay ( probably dd-5 or whatever ) and wah suitable for metal.

Generalize much?

Archived