The HCFX Illness...

• Members

...when you really don't want anything, but you are so accustomed to having G.A.S. that you start looking for things that you might want just because you miss that feeling of really wanting something.

Any know what I'm talking about?

Perhaps this is a sign that I should move on to the AMPS forum :eek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
...when you really don't want anything, but you are so accustomed to having G.A.S. that you start looking for things that you might want just because you miss that feeling of really wanting something.

Any know what I'm talking about?

Perhaps this is a sign that I should move on to the AMPS forum
:eek:

wrong move buddy.... There are guys on the amp forums that pickup a new amp or swap there current amp like every week. Not to mention its mostly bunch of metalheads over there.

• Members

I was this way with pedals for a while. They're so cute and colorful, collectible, etc. Then one day I realized I don't really use any effects in my songs other than delay and reverb, so I'm making an effort to cut back on getting pedals just to get them. My gas has been focused on guitars.

• Members

I was this way with pedals for a while. They're so cute and colorful, collectible, etc. Then one day I realized I don't really use any effects in my songs other than delay and reverb, so I'm making an effort to cut back on getting pedals just to get them. My gas has been focused on guitars.

Pretty much. Pedals I want = almost none, Guitars I want = unlimited

• Members

least don't have my problem.. i have days where i just want to scrap my whole setup and start over. This is all of my gear. had a telecaster then got my lp clone now thinking maybe i should own a strat :facepalm: ... I hate the days when i'm in my hendrix vibe. I just want to mimic his setup. I guess its better/cheaper than my gilmour days. haha

• Members
the problem with HCAF is that they spend all their money on {censored} amps and most of them have terrible taste in tone.

I think the problem is everyone spends money on a noise gate instead of turning the gain down :facepalm: . Also many don't give pedals a chance. They rely to heavy on there amps and only own maybe 3-4 pedals tops. Which consist of boost ( OCD,ts-9, or sd-1 ) noise gate ( ISP more than likely ) , a delay ( probably dd-5 or whatever ) and wah suitable for metal.

• Members

I haven't bought guitar gear in so long. I'm due for some overhauls, though. My stuff is getting stale, and I'm just about done with buying studio equipment which consumed me last year.

But I'm stuck in the same spot, I'm just not gassing for anything superfluously excessive. Just the essentials for pulling off live gigs, and that's it.. but I miss that feeling of waiting for something in the mail or going out and picking up something used at random. It's a rrrrrrush.

Archived