How do you categorize your amp/sound as "3D"?

BTBAM

• Members
also I don't need massive Bass,thats why there's a bass player

likewise i don't need acres of clean headroom and treble taking up space that cymbals should occupy

:thu:

That's one of the reasons I like my ac30 so much. It doesn't give me the choice. Mids, mids, mids. Kinda ironic for an amp that's only got bass and treble tone controls.

• Members

Of all people SAL, my friend, I would have expected more than a post raising bull {censored} response.

I suppose I was wrong.

I was only curious, as it is a term I've seen a few times when researching amps lately...just didn't know if it actually was an audible characteristic that could be pointed out, because it doesn't sound possible to me, unless they are talking about the body of a sound, which sort of makes sense. Balanced, I'd call it maybe? No idea...

I'm sorry to disappoint but that term just sounds like advertising mumbo jumbo. Sure my stereo amp rig is engulfing and a real treat to play but I'm not sure it's in a third dimension.

• Members
I'm sorry to disappoint but that term just sounds like advertising mumbo jumbo. Sure my stereo amp rig is engulfing and a real treat to play but I'm not sure it's in a third dimension.

:wave:

All good...just didn't know if there was actually something audible to hear.

• Members

3-D sound?

Sounds like a bull{censored} term.

It isn't.

Try this: get a modeling amp, the best that you can find. Pick a Fender Twin setting, which most of them have.

Play it next to a vintage blackface Fender Twin.

You'll forever understand the difference. There IS a difference.

• Members

I don't really think it's a bull{censored} term...maybe just confusing.

I've definitely played through (and currently own) some amps that you don't just hear...you FEEL them. It's not a volume thing either. It's like the sound isn't just sound...it has texture that resonates in your body. There are some people in this thread who are dismissing this just for the lulz.

Haven't you ever connected with a particular guitar or amp in a way that you knew it was different than regular gear? It's that extra dimension...it's different gear for different people.

• Members
Many amps are 3D...but you need fragile harmonics for REAL toan.

let me just say, i love how committed you are to this bit. it's like, others would have given it up after a week or so, when it started to get stale, but you really held on and kept banging away until it seemed fresh again. well done. :thu:

• Members

Ok morons.

Play a Valvestate through an mdf cab. Hear how the sound is flat and just seems to sit right there at the grille cloth?

Now play a Vicki Bassman. See how you can actually envision a "back" to the sound, some ways away? Along with the immediate sound right at the speakers, and even something swirling behind you?

You can even hear the same phenomenon with good acoustic guitars, and bad ones.

It's not BS; it's room interaction. Projection Cab design. Clarity. Harmonic distribution. Attack, bloom, and decay. The lack of junk frequencies.

• Members

I've only found a 3D sound in an amp in my SWR Strawberry Blonde for acoustic. I think it was mostly from its "aural enhancer." But when I was trying out all of the acoustic amps in the room, most sounded decent, and then the SWR just filled the room. The others sounded really flat in comparrison.

• Members
I've only found a 3D sound in an amp in my SWR Strawberry Blonde for acoustic. I think it was mostly from its "aural enhancer." But when I was trying out all of the acoustic amps in the room, most sounded decent, and then the SWR just filled the room. The others sounded really flat in comparrison.

Very nice. These amps are incredible, for sure. :love:

Archived