"THE" rig. Your best rig ever.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I too am just about at nirvana. But I've spent a lot more time and money upgrading and refining than swapping rigs. Having Ben Fargen mod my Tremolux was probably the best decision I've made. Finding the right speakers, upgrading hardware and pickups on fundamentally good guitars, and finding the right pedals (with a few exceptions, pedals are the only thing still in flux) sealed it.

However! There's gear I would love to have (Retro 50 and a Jazzmaster), but it's not going to come at the cost of my current setup.

• Members

lots of pics. this was my big rig of lots of pedals

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0501-1.jpg

strat - california strat w/kinman woodstocks - the only survivor

amps - BJ dream reverb - very loud kt66 deluxe reverb clone with tube reverb and tremolo. all point to point. gorgeous amp. just way too loud for any gig smaller than a stadium :p

Ulbrick Arena 50. gorgeous boutique cleans and some rockin breakup. a lot like a bluesbreaker but with a lush 3d clean. my favourite amp ever.

pedals - ulbrick 12axe, megalodon, red witch medusa, moon phaser, CC2, TTE, dam 1966 & mk2, fuzz factory, teese rmc2, tube zone, gi fuzz, bbd, allums modded dyna comp, dmm.

good days.

• Members

Joe (orange worker) doesn't agree with me on this, but I've never heard anything quite as good at the amp-exploding sounds (he's more a fan of the Assmaster).

the fender blender is pretty high on my list of amp exploding pedals but the most perfect and most horrible sounding one of them all is the old boss db-5 :thu: check it out

• Members

For what I'm doing right now, my current rig is absolutely perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------

Epiphone Sheraton/Frankenphone LP Custom (still have my tele too, but she's not getting playtime at the moment)

Orange Rocker 30 head

White Box 4x12 (governor/private jack)/Bogner 2x12 (g12h30/greenback)

Pedals: TU-2, SHO-style boost.

----------------------------------------------------

However, I really do miss my '59 Bassman RI pedal-based rig.

American tele - BoR - OCD (v3) - TU-2 - TR-2 - EQD Disaster Transport - '59 Bassman RI

That was my favorite, for sure. In all honestly, I could still get away with a similar rig if I wanted to, but {censored} is so simple now, I really don't need to.

However, I will be adding things to my current rig. Delay, pitch shift, phase and possibly a second delay for sample/hold or loopish stuff. The delays are really only for ambient noise in-between songs. The whammy and Phase I could actually use for a couple tunes live to make them more like the album.

• Members

i couldn't tell you. i know that i'm in a building phase, waiting until i get enough cash to get what i really want.

however, the ones that got away were definitely my black russian muff, my early barber direct drive, and my mxr carbon copy. i've bought 3 direct drives, 5 carbon copies, and 9 big muffs and none have sounded the same.

• Members

I'm really happy with my rig right now. I'm probably going to throw in a RV-7, RV-3, or some other sort of reverb pedal in the next week or so.

But aside from that. My telecasters and SG mixed with my Bogner half stack are perfect for me.

My best rig ever is actually really simple:

Tele or SG -> Tuner -> Bogner Ecstasy (with a Diamond ML2 in the loop).

Everything else is just nice to have. haha.

DSC_7508.jpg

DSC_7512.jpg

• Members

That's freakin sweet. What are those pedals? I can't make all of the names out

Thanks! It's a Wilson Ten Spot II wah (Ibanez WH10 clone) into a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner into a Dr. Scientist The Cleanness into a Dr. Scientist Sunny Day Delay into a Dr. Scientist Miniberator. This would be the point where you call me a "fanboi." :lol: Here is a better picture though:

Newboard.png

• Members

this setup was very satisfying and i wish i would have stuck with it.

DSC03016.jpg

i mean, look how simple!

DSC02998.jpg

however, i am really happy with my current setup. the traynor is jsut a sweet sweet amp and the size/power combination are sort of perfect for my needs. takes pedals really well, the eq is really great, and the onboard trem is fantastic. im warming up to the reverb as well.

as soon as i get my de7 back ill be set. oh and maybe an od3, but i dont need it, just want it.

also:

jesselaceydrivinghat.jpg

Archived