"THE" rig. Your best rig ever.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My current rig. I never sell {censored} so it moves uber slow. I think I've had this amp / cab combo for over 3 years now and the board stays the same too. I just keep the pedals that I don't use live off of it.

1zr1dfl.jpg

2hwl4w9.jpg

8yt3lz.jpg

On my to buy list for next year:

New head. Looking into Matamp, Vintage Marshall and Badcat

Moar guitars. Maybe do the Warmoth Jazzmaster thingy but probably a Blade Dayton w/ Bareknuckles or an EGC Mosrite

More dirt pedals. Not fuzz, just full blown distortion. EQD Monarch, Sonic Titan, Guvnor mkI and the Montgomery SMD

• Members

Can't find pics, but I've been using the exact same stuff for a couple of years except for some sporadical pedalboard changes.

Right now:

Modified Fender Tye Dyed Stratocaster

Super Hard On Clone

Landgraff Overdrive Clone

Modified NYC Muff

PS-3

PS-2

Carl Martin Red Repeat

Laney VC100 with neodymium speakers and 6L6s

Right now I'm looking for some decent ~20w amp to use at home, probably a Bugera V22.

• Members

played out pic is played out, but my rig hasn't changed in quite some time.

36755_593182066715_49408647_34131791_590

partscaster strat (hw1 body + electronics, '89 MIJ neck, other Fender stuff) -> Vox clyde-> Catalinbread Ottava Magus -> POG2 -> loop -> LBM -> LPB-1 ->mini DejaVibe -> Memory Toy -> TU-2 -> RV100 through avatar contemporary 412 w/ V30s

• Members

Delay's in the effects loop, along with the volume pedal for post pre section realtime volume control. Two cabs 1x12 and 2x12: both with Hellatone 30's.

The Small Fry is in the ever changing dirt pedal slot, but I do like that one. Sometimes I put a second tubescreamer there instead. This rig worked best with my former band/improv group back in my hometown. If I didn't have a keyboardist to play with, I probably wouldn't use the compressor and I'd have my Tromboner on there before the wah, instead of the Small Fry.

IMGP0422.jpg

• Members

Honestly my best memory of just plugging in and being utterly inspired by a rig was...

Fender jazz master (not sure what year but it was old)
dod supra distortion
fender champ (1970's)

Was the rig that happened to be plugged in at the studio I was going to school for audio engineering. A class mate asked if I wanted to jam... he got behind a bare bones drum kit and we went at it.

God damned the raw dirt tone was epic. Honestly it's never occurred to me till now why I haven't considered buying those pieces of gear and giving it a whirl again... guess it never occurred to me I could eventually afford a vintage jazz master and champ...

:idea:

• Members
Honestly my best memory of just plugging in and being utterly inspired by a rig was...

Fender jazz master (not sure what year but it was old)

dod supra distortion

fender champ (1970's)

Was the rig that happened to be plugged in at the studio I was going to school for audio engineering. A class mate asked if I wanted to jam... he got behind a bare bones drum kit and we went at it.

God damned the raw dirt tone was epic. Honestly it's never occurred to me till now why I haven't considered buying those pieces of gear and giving it a whirl again... guess it never occurred to me I could eventually afford a vintage jazz master and champ...

:idea:

Heck yea... Gotta love random acts of good tone.

I'm goin to git fiddling school now and all the rooms have amps. Either some little Blues Jr's or some variety of Fender solid state. I don't have much Fender amp experience, but I've been super impressed with the sound every time I check out a room for jamming and in class.

I need to check out some more Fenders amps. The Champs are little guys aren't they?

• Members

I had a really good thing going for awhile with:

Univox 335 knock off > EH Frequency Analyzer > EH Deluxe Memory Man > ProCo Turbo Rat > Line Sucks DL4 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Also - Competition Mustang w/ Hot Rails in brige > Civil War Muff > NYC Muff > DMM wet> Fender Solid State 80's amp (don't recall the make) /dry>HR Deluxe

Sorry for the lack of photo documentation.

• Members
My main rig satisfies me completely. I can also add my other amps/cabs if I need, but this sounds awesome as is.

2v9u6m9.jpg

love that traynor! I have one sounds awesome.... tho I hate your guitar more than anything else in the entire world no offense. :cop:

• Members
trollface.gif

I'm pretty happy with what i got. During a Gig, i'd take just the Head, Pedaltrain and two of the four electrics (not the supro yet...not quite used to its quirks):
fullfrontal.jpg
DSCN0001.jpgBnzNWWwCGkKGrHqYOKjgEtlwkLonuBLkVBV.jpgSnapshot_20091229_1.jpg
Photoon2010-03-16at0913.jpg

i have no reason to have anymore than this... except for a Tonebender type fuzz and an EHX freeze.

Archived