Behold: New Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster and Jaguar HH

RadioSilence

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are dumb. Why doesn't squier just release true versions of the jazz and jag? Why do they have to put hum buckers in every jag type guitar they make?. It doesn't have to have that complex rhythm circuit, but single coils and the true switches instead of a 3 way switch would be nice.

• Members

you know. Fender is held to a certain standard for a reason. so this really seems like an extremely circumspect mis-step, chink in the armour et cetera.

again not a Fender purist by any stretch of the imagination. i'm pro-cheap guitars & i think there are some good Squire guitars out there. this just seems so WRONG. in this economy it totally makes perfect sense to offer these. but these are totally neutered guitars they don't even seem worth modding.

:)

• Members

Fender Squier are never going to release "proper" Jaguars and Jazmasters because Fender have the CP and Blacktop ranges and don't want to lose those sales.

Personally, I'm happy to see them releases things other than Strats and Teles, though I would like to see a stripped down Mustang style guitar too. Single coils or humbuckers, I don't mind, three way switch and a hard tail. 24 inch scale. Purists will buy the Mustang for the trem and the switches and people that can't afford the Fender can have the Squier....

But I won't get my hopes up.

Also, these don't look like they are through body designs.

• Members

Radiosilence:

it looks like the bridge from a musicmaster/toronado. i think if they're not going to have the jag/jazz trem on it,
a thru-body hard-tail is a good way to go.
it's got to be better than a crappy strat trem they put on just about every budget guitar these days. i loved my jagmaster but just couldn't get on with the trem.

• Members

Fender Squier are never going to release "proper" Jaguars and Jazmasters because Fender have the CP and Blacktop ranges and don't want to lose those sales.

IDK. why they can a "proper" Squire Jagmaster/Tele et cetera but they can't do a "proper" Squire Jag or Jazzmaster. seems odd. it just seems like they stripped down the Blacktop series even more. for what the price is gonna be you could get a used Jag HH & to be honest i'd rather have a Squire Jagmaster than these.

i guess the only net-positive is that you get cluess indie kids or just young first-guitar-teenages in general buying these solely becuz of the name. IDK.

:)

Archived