Behold: New Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster and Jaguar HH

RadioSilence

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are dumb. Why doesn't squier just release true versions of the jazz and jag? Why do they have to put hum buckers in every jag type guitar they make?. It doesn't have to have that complex rhythm circuit, but single coils and the true switches instead of a 3 way switch would be nice.

I think it's because Fender doesn't want to hurt sales of a low selling model. Squier strats help fight the SX and other import strat clones competition.

And there really aren't that many players who have a Jag as their go to, so a Squier too close a clone would compete with Fenders more than the few other Jag clones out there do.

jmo

• Members

I really dig 'em. The JM will be mine. Though I'd rather see surf/seafoam green, Lake Placid/Sonic/Daphne Blue, Charcoal Frost, Sherwood Green, Shell Pink, Ocean Turquoise, and so on, it's GREAT to see anything other than black/sunburst/CAR available on an offset! A step in the right direction and something a bit different and fresh. I'm in. I don't get all the hate. If you'd rather have a Blacktop or a Jagmaster, get one and move along. No need to whine about how tragic the lack of a trem or the use of humbuckers is. If you don't want one, don't buy one. More for me. The Jazzmaster seems like a more appealing step between a Jazzmaster and Telemaster. Love the maple fingerboard, tinted neck. The hardtail isn't my first choice, but I've already got several guitars with Jag/JM-style trems on them, so it's a welcomed change. If they're anywhere near the quality/price of my beloved Jagmasters, I might have to get both.

• Members

hai guyz i am such a n00b sorries how much would it cost to put some switches and chrome on the Jag thnx k bai.

:)

b-i-n-g-o

The differences between the Squiers and their Fender counterparts can't be solved with common bolt-on solutions, so the guitars obviously suck.

• Members

hai guyz i am such a n00b sorries how much would it cost to put some switches and chrome on the Jag thnx k bai.

:)

i doubt the space under the scratch plate is routed for the extra controls, it could be done i suppose.

i'd like one with jaguar pickups and without the strat jack plate. i'd get one now if it was like that :thu:

maybe Bibsby it up later.

• Members

my bet on the pickups is they are chinese duncan designed P-90'S modded to fit the JM casing,though fender will call them "duncan designed for Jazzmaster"

seriously that strat jackplate is horrendous,just use a regular side jack you idiots!

I wouldn't mind the bridge too much,it's modifiable if your really put out by it

Archived