NAMM PEDAL THREAD

Devi Ever

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
boss_rc-30-namm2011_003.jpg

Looks like someone took a hit when the new Jamman pedals came out and decided to join em.
SD Expansion? I do see USB...
I'm hoping those faders are for dual loops? Now if only they make it easy enough to flip from loop to loop.
Looks like I will wait another 6 months before deciding on any looper outside of the software on my iPod.

• Members

So, it looks like there are some more Biyang rebrands:

akai-delay.jpg

http://www.whatsthatdudeplay.com/2011/01/akai-launches-new-pro-pedal-line/

Shame.

This is mind boggling to me. Akai is sitting on a {censored}ing gold mine with the discontinued Deep Impact and they won't re-release the thing.

SB1Side.jpg

It's tracking is sooooo good down to a low B on bass. Presets and fairly deep tweaking too. They're selling for $500+ last time I looked.

• Members

Looks like someone took a hit when the new Jamman pedals came out and decided to join em.

SD Expansion? I do see USB...

I'm hoping those faders are for dual loops?
Now if only they make it easy enough to flip from loop to loop.

Looks like I will wait another 6 months before deciding on any looper outside of the software on my iPod.

Looks that way, pretty sure there isn't any SD slot, just AUX IN, MIC and USB.

85106763.jpg

88996193.jpg

Plus it is called "Dual Track Looper" :]

• Members

What are you talking about? The colours will clash, it'll be horrible.

It's like putting a decepticon next to an autobot: carnage, everywhere.

Thanks. I just got the What-the-{censored}-is-his-problem look from my coworkers because I was laughing so hard.

• Members

Not sure if I find this a big improvement.

On the left it shows loop effects you can add.

The list shows:

Step down

Step phaser

Sweep filter

Tempo Delay

Looks like they got rid of the clip indicator. If this is not a feature, it could be beneficial, or it may just not be physically displayed. I don't like that I don't see fade out options or reverse options anymore. A dual looper is nice, but it isn't that much more exciting to have 2 loops if you ask me, it's just a layer on top of a layer in a mono track looper. I think three or more is a lot more appealing than two. I know you could say that about anything, but that's still my .02

also, can you engage step down, record, then unengage and play in double time? If not, I don't see the benefit. Reverse and that option both and it has my attention. To me these extra features it includes just make it seem silly.

• Members
Under absolutely no circumstances should you give JMI any of your money. They're owned by the Harrisons, awful people, known for faking guitars and amps and currently facing jail time for receiving stolen goods fencing stolen guitar equipment.

not to mention the pedals dont have the transistors inside that theyre advertised to have and they are not even slightly as 'limited edition' as they say they are. a forumite had two completely identical pedals with the same serial number and certificate :facepalm:

• Members

I can't say what the larger Strymon pedal is... but I CAN say: it is NOT a looper.
:wave:

Hmm...what else would have a play button but not be a looper?

Convolution reverb where you can record and audition your impulses?

Arpeggiator/Pitch shifter?

• Members

Under absolutely no circumstances should you give JMI any of your money. They're owned by the Harrisons, awful people, known for faking guitars and amps and currently facing jail time for receiving stolen goods fencing stolen guitar equipment.

I didn't even notice it was from JMI. I thought it was the Macari stuff.

Archived