NAMM PEDAL THREAD

Devi Ever

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So in the day 3 highlights video there was a bit more info about this pedal. It looks like the dirts are not stacked but mixed. So you can apply fuzz to the low end and distortion to the highs.... that sounded like a pretty neat thing to have.

THIS is a cool idea.

• Members

So in the day 3 highlights video there was a bit more info about this pedal. It looks like the dirts are not stacked but mixed. So you can apply fuzz to the low end and distortion to the highs.... that sounded like a pretty neat thing to have.

word. Isn't that what the frantone peachfuzz did? kinda?

• Members

Thanks! I'm pretty much set with weird noisy stuff though. I've only kept my Metasonix Tm's (1,3,5 and 6) and sold my Assblaster and most my DBA stuff (except the Reznor which sounds really cool).

Understandable. That's quite enough weirdness for like 99.99% of the population. That would even be enough for me.

Did you find the Assblaster just to be a more limited version of the afore mentioned? I always figured it was. I had one for a month or so but returned it when I discovered that most of what it could do I could just as well do with a Fuzz Factory, Freqbox, and nice envelope filter. The Pulser circuit on mine was {censored}ed up too so I never really got to see just what that was capable of, but overall I just figured hey, I already own those other three elements in different formats so meh, I'll just return the thing.

I exchanged it for an OTO Machines Biscuit and it was seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made.

• Members

Hey guys, Doug here from DigiTech. Just wanted to get some info to you about our Hardwire Polyphonic tuner. Each string has a 15 segment LED read out, it can tune chromatically, Drop tuning, 4, 5 and 6 string bass. It has auto capo mode so when you use a capo you just hold down the pedal and strum and it will reset itself to the correct pitch. In Chromatic mode there is no reason you can't do alternate tunings. It also has a power out, we will be releasing a 1.3 amp power supply that will be able to power up to 10 other pedals.

Any other questions just let me know. Thanks

• Members

Hey guys, Doug here from DigiTech. Just wanted to get some info to you about our Hardwire Polyphonic tuner. Each string has a 15 segment LED read out, it can tune chromatically, Drop tuning, 4, 5 and 6 string bass. It has auto capo mode so when you use a capo you just hold down the pedal and strum and it will reset itself to the correct pitch. In Chromatic mode there is no reason you can't do alternate tunings. It also has a power out, we will be releasing a 1.3 amp power supply that will be able to power up to 10 other pedals.

Can you guys re-release the buzz box?

• Members

We're asked to re release many a pedal. It all comes down to a parts availability issue. Any new pedals will come within the Hardwire line.

You don't think you guys could do good with a Space Station reissue with more control over parameters? You have the whammy enclosure and setup to use. I realize though it probably would sell about like the first time.

• Members

2ise7a0.jpg

• Members

EH stuff demo'd by Johnny's dad!

Pretty uninteresting demos. I'd like to hear what Bill can do with them.

One thing I did notice is that the Talking Machine looks to have 72 presets. Notice when he scrolls through them, there's a dim LED that moves down a row every time he the other LED cycles. 8x8 = 64 + another 8 for single digits = 72.

I have no clue why you'd need that many presets on an envelope filter though. The attack sounds slow though, more like an ADSR than an envelope follower, which is nice.

Audio quality of the recording was crap, so I think it'd be unfair to judge how they sound. You'd think for 378 though you'd get at least a second on the DMMTT.

• Members

EH stuff demo'd by Johnny's dad!

Pretty uninteresting demos. I'd like to hear what Bill can do with them.

One thing I did notice is that the Talking Machine looks to have 72 presets. Notice when he scrolls through them, there's a dim LED that moves down a row every time he the other LED cycles. 8x8 = 64 + another 8 for single digits = 72.

I have no clue why you'd need that many presets on an envelope filter though. The attack sounds slow though, more like an ADSR than an envelope follower, which is nice.

Audio quality of the recording was crap, so I think it'd be unfair to judge how they sound. You'd think for 378 though you'd get at least a second on the DMMTT.

I was never a fan of the Larry Demarco demos, no offense to him or anything. I don't thing he really does a very good job of putting the pedals through their paces. Same with Pierre Sousa or whatever that guy's name is.

Killswitch looper looks interesting.

• Members

I think these new EH pedals are completely useless. The vowels unit is just a very specialized filter, and really, who wants a pedal designed with limitations? The DMM with Tap is basically the SMM/H as far as I'm concerned and despite the killswitch thing being an interesting concept, it's been done before. When I hear of something by EH, I expect awesome, weird, functional and fun. Not drab and cliche. Come EH, you can do better than recycled pedals.

I am really interested to see this new whammy though. If it tracks better than the Digitech, I'm sold. Same goes for the new Kaoss Pad, which seems to have very intuitive controls on it's face. That was the big reason I hadn't purchased a KP3 or MicroKaoss up until now, the scrolling just made it impossible to use outside of a studio setting. No longer!

It's a shame the Eventide is so costly, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. Just can't justify a 600 dollar reverb pedal, despite the consistent support Eventide delivers on their items. That blackhole effect, and the shimmer even, seem right up my alley.

I hate to seem ignorant here as well, being as this is my first post on Harmony Central, but can someone actually explain to me what this new Strymon does? I'm rather confused about it, with all the knobs and the like.

• Members

who wants a pedal designed with limitations?

I am really interested to see this new whammy though. If it tracks better than the Digitech, I'm sold.

can someone actually explain to me what this new Strymon does? I'm rather confused about it, with all the knobs and the like.

fgsfds

• Members

We're asked to re release many a pedal. It all comes down to a parts availability issue. Any new pedals will come within the Hardwire line.

Will you ever release a new version of the Whammy? You know, make it smaller, lighter, polyphonic options, blend knob etc.

• Members

I think these new EH pedals are completely useless. The vowels unit is just a very specialized filter, and really, who wants a pedal designed with limitations? The DMM with Tap is basically the SMM/H as far as I'm concerned and despite the killswitch thing being an interesting concept, it's been done before. When I hear of something by EH, I expect awesome, weird, functional and fun. Not drab and cliche. Come EH, you can do better than recycled pedals.

I am really interested to see this new whammy though. If it tracks better than the Digitech, I'm sold. Same goes for the new Kaoss Pad, which seems to have very intuitive controls on it's face. That was the big reason I hadn't purchased a KP3 or MicroKaoss up until now, the scrolling just made it impossible to use outside of a studio setting. No longer!

It's a shame the Eventide is so costly, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. Just can't justify a 600 dollar reverb pedal, despite the consistent support Eventide delivers on their items. That blackhole effect, and the shimmer even, seem right up my alley.

I hate to seem ignorant here as well, being as this is my first post on Harmony Central, but can someone actually explain to me what this new Strymon does? I'm rather confused about it, with all the knobs and the like.

There's also expression pedal control on the DMMTT. I have the SMMH and I still want a nice analog delay. I had a {censored}ty analog delay before (Arion SAD-3) and in some ways I miss it. And EH can't come out with HOGs and Ring Things constantly.

According to Premier Guitar, the Talking Machine also does Wah and Bassballs sounds in addition to the talking sounds. Maybe it's got some other stuff hidden under the hood. IMO it needs an LFO. But I guess if the filter sounds are good enough, it could always be driven with an external LFO.

Archived