NAMM PEDAL THREAD

Devi Ever

• Members

"each lithium ion cell will last between 2-3 years, costs of a replacement cell will be $8"... hmmm... so in effect, it could die at any time?

that's a bit of a shame, but the benefits of not having to worry about powering your pedals for a gig/rehearsal could make this technology a very useful tool.

are Lithium Ion Cell's recyclable?

thats red witch, not tc.

Don't let the funny accents fool you - he's just a Kiwi.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they should make a big power supply to power a whole board with rechargeable power cells ... if that's possible

Isolated? Or one battery for the lot?

The latter already exists, although it's kinda overpriced. A rechargable power supply with isolated outs would be pretty big; you'd need seperate batteries and charging circuits for each output. If you wanted it to power something high current you'd need a big battery on at least one output, although you could put smaller ones on there for fuzzes and distortions.

• Members

Isolated? Or one battery for the lot?

The latter already exists, although it's kinda overpriced. A rechargable power supply with isolated outs would be pretty big; you'd need seperate batteries and charging circuits for each output. If you wanted it to power something high current you'd need a big battery on at least one output, although you could put smaller ones on there for fuzzes and distortions.

You wouldn't need multiple batteries. You'd just need a transformer.

• Members

According to WTDP? Zvex is going to be releasing Vexter versions of the probe series.

It's also worth noting that the Lo-Fi Junky guy has a 9v thing already built into it. Adding that would be great; wouldn't have to buy those power plates.

• Members

That Vox looper isn't all that tempting to me at all, sadly. A couple of cool ideas I guess... but it didn't really sound all that good in that vid -- and the pricetag didnt really seem to suit it either.

Meh, it sounds just as good as the sounds that he was playing into it. It's just like any other looper. Put it between a good amp and a good guitar, and I doubt you'd be complaining about the sound. Mic input is a nice feature too.

@ 300 bucks I think I probably might rather get a used 2880, but if I could score a used one for 220 or so.

I like to fold, mutilate, and bend loops so this looks right up my alley. :idk:

• Members

You wouldn't need multiple batteries. You'd just need a transformer.

That would involve using an inverter, which is painfully inefficient when battery life is a concern; especially if you'd be trying to get by with a single battery!

Plus, inverting, and then rectifying... You'd need spare volts on the battery, that's even more space.

AC != DC

• Members
Nico/ATD:

Trogotronic. You seem like the type of guy who could use one. That is all
:)

Thanks! I'm pretty much set with weird noisy stuff though. I've only kept my Metasonix Tm's (1,3,5 and 6) and sold my Assblaster and most my DBA stuff (except the Reznor which sounds really cool).

• Members

That would involve using an inverter, which is painfully inefficient when battery life is a concern; especially if you'd be trying to get by with a single battery!

Plus, inverting, and then rectifying... You'd need spare volts on the battery, that's even more space.

AC != DC

Well I'm not expecting it to be powered off one 9v. I'm thinking more like the type of battery those battery powered tube amps use.

• Members

Well I'm not expecting it to be powered off one 9v. I'm thinking more like the type of battery those battery powered tube amps use.

OK but that doesn't change anything I said.

Transformer isolation like that requires inverters which are inefficient and inconvinient. There's no such thing as an AC battery.

• Members
Empress Multidrive. Anyone got more infos on this one? It's supposed to has a drive, a fuzz and an EQ!!!

162685_485227241874_185687481874_6311442

So in the day 3 highlights video there was a bit more info about this pedal. It looks like the dirts are not stacked but mixed. So you can apply fuzz to the low end and distortion to the highs.... that sounded like a pretty neat thing to have.

• Members

So in the day 3 highlights video there was a bit more info about this pedal. It looks like the dirts are not stacked but mixed. So you can apply fuzz to the low end and distortion to the highs.... that sounded like a pretty neat thing to have.

Oh my god, that's just so awesome.

• Members

Interesting. I'll reserve judgement when I hear it. It's a lot of knobs for a dirt pedal, albeit a 3 in 1 pedal, plus eq.

Archived