Old DOD Pedals

JMR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to own a Performer series Stereo Chorus that sounded amazing, I'd put up against any boutique modulation pedal, but it had a power supply with a 1/4 inch jack, weird, and it was impossible to find one anywhere. It was 18v and ran on 2 batteries, that thing chewed through batteries so fast , truly was amazing! I eventually sold it, though I do miss the great sound it had, I am always watching for another one with the power supply. I also am gassing for the Vibrothang, FX25 Envelope filter, FX75 Stereo Flanger, the sounds are solid, and very affordable.

• Members

I have to give DOD credit--whether they pulled the sounds off or not, they were at least ambitious. They'd always strove to come up with something new. I'm not a Buzz Box fan, but that's a prime example. They had some cool pedals, they can still be mostly had cheap, which is cool too.

• Members

the octoplus?!? why is it better than the oc-2? hmm

I couldn't say it's better than an OC-2 as I've never played one. The Octoplus does one octave down only, but I like that you can adjust the frequency of the low octave and have only the wet signal if you want. It loves being combined with fuzz and envelope filter.

• Members

I couldn't say it's better than an OC-2 as I've never played one. The Octoplus does one octave down only, but I like that you can adjust the frequency of the low octave and have only the wet signal if you want. It loves being combined with fuzz and envelope filter.

the pro series Octoplus does 5ths true story

• Members

I had these as a teenager. Probably disgusting sounds by today's standards, but when youre a little guy just getting into pedals, theres nothing cooler in the world. Never let me down.

-186621705740902300.jpg

Why can't more volume and wah pedals be this size? saves so much space.

• Members

Clooose, but theres too many variances in design to not make it as appealing as the FX-17 would be. It'd have to be in more of a traditional casing with a smaller footprint vs. a radically new design.

Yeah I know, it's the only thing that came to mind. TVD you should get on this {censored}. Build us some {censored}in' FX17 clones.

Archived