Old DOD Pedals

JMR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the Death Metal, Punkifier, and the FX60 Chorus.

There are few sounds like a DM -> a 15 watt SS practice amp. Those sounds you don't want to hear. Into my Peavey, well, if I ever have the need to pretend I can play Death Metal, it has the gain.

I've got the Punkifier sorta setup to be like a fuzz pedal. Its a very "blatty," in your face fuzz though. I have no real use for that sort of sound, but hey, I have it, and its kinda fun. Maybe if I'm in a doom band someday. :lol:

The FX60 is a chorus that sounds nice and only has 2 knobs so I don't get confused on settings. Now, if I just work out when I'm going to be needing chorus, I'll be set. :lol:

• Members

Chorus worked out well. I wasn't sure how I'd use it, as this is my first experience with a chorus pedal, but it added a really nice shimmer to our mellower songs and made things pretty. It's also good for noise jams. This is a super subtle pedal but I like it a lot. The hard part is restraining oneself from going into 80's cheese-ball territory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

argh...I have become a victim of the DOD switch issue with my FX-75B Stereo Flanger. The switching started making some noise, and the sound started cutting out and fading in and out, especially in stereo....bummer, because I have become addicted to the sounds. I got it used at a Music-Go-Round, and it is still under the 30 day warranty, so I hope they can remedy the issue.

• Members

argh...I have become a victim of the DOD switch issue with my FX-75B Stereo Flanger. The switching started making some noise, and the sound started cutting out and fading in and out, especially in stereo....bummer, because I have become addicted to the sounds. I got it used at a Music-Go-Round, and it is still under the 30 day warranty, so I hope they can remedy the issue.

here's how i fixed a switch on one of mine: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2590751-DOD-pedal-Intermittent-Footswitch-Super-Glue-right&p=39315184

• Members

My old school DOD board purchased 2nd hand in 1983....

2004_0825image0016-0.jpg?rev=0

Delay, Flange, Stereo Chorus, Dist, Comp. Analog Delay is just awesome, Flange is great, Stereo Chorus is okay if you like chorus, Distortion is way too 80's hair metal, Comp is nice but too noisy.

I have a FX25 Filter too and I love it!!!!

• Members
My old school DOD board purchased 2nd hand in 1983....

2004_0825image0016-0.jpg?rev=0

Delay, Flange, Stereo Chorus, Dist, Comp. Analog Delay is just awesome, Flange is great, Stereo Chorus is okay if you like chorus, Distortion is way too 80's hair metal, Comp is nice but too noisy.

I have a FX25 Filter too and I love it!!!!

I used to have the stereo chorus from the Performer Series, sounded amazing in stereo, just huge! But the 1/4" power jack was :facepalm:, I couldn't find one anywhere, and it destroyed batteries 2 at a time like it enjoyed it. So I sold it, but always look for one with a power supply.

• Members
here's how i fixed a switch on one of mine:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2590751-DOD-pedal-Intermittent-Footswitch-Super-Glue-right&p=39315184

Anyone know how to do a full switch replacement for these DOD's? I have the analog delay and it sounds great, but only activates once - as soon as you click it off, you cannot get it to turn back on unless you re-hookup the power supply. :(

101410DL006.jpg

• Members

Anyone know how to do a full switch replacement for these DOD's? I have the analog delay and it sounds great, but only activates once - as soon as you click it off, you cannot get it to turn back on unless you re-hookup the power supply.
:(

I've replaced a few DOD switches. If you know how to use a soldering iron, it's pretty simple. You can buy the

switch part directly from DOD here;

http://outlet.dod.com/scripts/wgate/zv02zfos/!?~language=en&~Okcode=startitem&ostore=DOD-FOS&selected_area=0000000001

• Members

The Classic Tube is an interesting pedal, with the boost activated (gain all the way up) it is ridiculously noisy, but none more than my dano french toast, but it cuts through like a mofo. Good pedal for dirty, raunchy solos. I sold mine to a friend who used to use it with her deville for thick rhythm tones.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived