Old DOD Pedals

JMR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have a buzzbox clone, at one point had the super american metal, was cool. someone recently sold my shop a supra distortion, it actually sounded awesome. and ive fixed power jacks on the dfx9 and some other delay. when i retested them they sounded good.

wouldnt mind trying a meatbox, gonkulator, swell or vibrothang

• Members

I'm having some serious gas for these!! What are your favorites? I really want a FX13 Gonkulator and one of the hold delays. so bad. maybe one of the boosts, too.

My favourite DODs are the FX22 Vibrothang (definitely my favourite of the bunch), FX45 Stereo Reverb (analogue!), FX10 Bi-fet Preamp and FX90 Analogue Delay... and probably the FX52 Classic Fuzz too.

The DFX-series are all pretty good, as are most of the PDS-series (and not just the delays).

I have fond memories of the FX75C Stereo Flanger (although it's been over a decade since I've used one) and the FX20B Stereo Phasor was quite nice (and I don't normally like phasers).

In all honesty, I found the Gonkulator a massive disappointment. It just left me wanting a better distortion tone and a proper ring modulator that actually has controls to adjust.

• Members

I had no idea that those old DOD where in any way desirable or collectable. I know a guitar shop where they have a bunch of old dusty DOD's (Milk Box, Vibro Thing and a few others) in a glass case and I can problably snatch 'em up cheap.

• Members

I currently own an FX10 BI-FET which is a nice clean boost.

One of my earliest pedals was a DOD Classic Tube. The last bit of rotation on the drive knob gave it a serious gain boost. I haven't had it since the '80s though.

dodfx10.png

dodfx53classictube.gif

Archived