November New Gear Thread

aeon

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hmmm. They want $1600 for that Rhodes. Seems a bit steep.

You're right DLP, don't buy that Rhodes if it's too expensive.
Looks like there are plenty available on your side of the Ocean
and they seem to go for for ridiculously low prices..
It's quite a different story here :(

But OK, I'm off, I need to play more and stop spending too much time on this forum :)

V

• Members

Congratulation!!! I always thought the OB-8 is a kind of boring instrument until I played with my friends one. That is a great board in a nice shape. I am still a sucker for my M12 though.

Personally, one of my favorite sounding synths ever. Programming capabilities are really BIG - takes months to discover all the tricks. And the sound is...... sweet as honey.

• Members

At last a real one, got it in Pigalle Saturday afternoon...

You should never go in Second Hand shops on Saturdays....

Anyway: sounds awesome, put my Bi-Phase behind it, plugged it in my Deluxe Reverb, and sat my Little Phatty on top of it
:)
Real time travel 30 years ago!

welcome to the rhodes phatty club

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32281426@N03/3019862417/

• Members
New Eventide H8000fw for $4448. shipped!
:love:

Awesome price. :-)

I have an Alpha Link AX and love it. Quality and plentiful A/D/A at a great price!

Definitely a great value! I actually got the MADI AX, since I was getting a great deal, $2400 new! That's $100/channel, unheard of for quality ADDA!

-D

• Members
the secret to don's success is that he still lives at home. he's managed to squeeze his little kid race car bed into the closet.

while most of sleep in big beds with our wives, he sleeps in a racing car. do you?
:wave:

It just dawned on me the other night. I sleep in my studio. It just doubles as a bedroom. And sometimes a warehouse....

• Members

Don, an Oh Bee Eight, Oh Em Gee! :B

Others have asked, how you can afford all that stuff. My question is, where do you find the room to PUT all the stuff? I envision a huge palace, with wall to wall synths in every room.
;)

I have come to the conclusion that Don is dating Cikira. She actually doesnt own any of those synths, they all belong to Don :lol:

• Members

Others have asked, how you can afford all that stuff.My question is, where do you find the room to PUT all the stuff? I envision a huge palace, with wall to wall synths in every room.
;)

Space is no problem because i sold 6 synths prior to getting Andromeda: Neptune II, Matrix 6R, VariOS, CZ-1, Jomox Airbase 99, 2x TR-606 (broken). Right now selling YS-200 (to replace with TX81Z), and probably to sell XP-30.

I follow a simple rule a friend once told me: if you don't use a synth for more than 6 months - sell it!

• Members

I think they have one of the best interfaces for a synth, too bad they aren't as versatile as a proper polysynth. IE you can't do voice modulation or cross mod on a PM because of its TOS architecture. Also the single VCF for the entire synth really limits its palette.

The thing I wonder is (and maybe I'm just getting old and cranky) is that after I went to a couple of pages devoted to the polymoog, I listened to the sounds (http://www.dubsounds.com/pm_sounds.htm) and they're cool, but they're not *way cool* like I remember it when it came out. I want to say it's like a Farfisa on steroids or something, but I think someone comes and rips up my union card if say that.

But it's still cool and if you do the work on your Polymoog, take pictures and share. I find everything about them interesting.

• Members

Woohoooooo my first ebargain!!!
fireworx.jpg
Even with the aussie dollar currently bent over a barrel(July $.98 USD = $1AUD/ Now $.64USD = $1AUD, great time for holidays down under folks) I manage to pick up one of these babies for just over $500 US, translating roughly to $750 australian.

These things are still selling stateside for $1400 new, which is pretty expensive as is, but get this- They sell brand new in Oz for FIVE THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARIDOOS!!!?!!! Thusly, I be well stoked with my latest aqquisition. This thing even gives me (possibly sucky) AD conversion as part of the deal! Ain't waiting for NYE for fireworks around these parts:p

• Members

I follow a simple rule a friend once told me: if you don't use a synth for more than 6 months - sell it!

That is an interesting rule that I do not follow. Some pieces are witnesses of my past and never will leave, even if they are going untouched for a while.

• Members

Sold 6 synths... I wish I had *room* for 6 synths. Oh wait, I have 6 right now. ;) Granted, 3 of them are rackies and one is a Microkorg...

Just curious, Don, on an average day, how many synths do you have? Just a ballpark, give or take 100, is fine. :D

Instead of asking for a gear list, it might be easier for you to make a list of all the synths you don't have. :lol:

As for the 6 month rule, if I had so many synths that some went unused that long, I would be a lucky(ier) guy. ;) At present, the MK and D-550 get the least use, but I don't really want to part with either of them. The MK is a handy porta-synth and the D-50/550 goes back a long way, I don't use it much just because it's a PITA to program. Some day I'll get a PG-1000 and then I'll rediscover that beast.

• Members

Ok just took these really quick today... The entertainment center is the Expedit from Ikea. It took from 8am until about 3pm to put together. The tv (a 42 inch magnavox) took another three hours and several trips to the hardware store to bolt into it from the back. Most of Ikea's chairs and couches are crap but the rest of it is a really good value and quality, and I've lived for about 15 years on RTA stuff. :thu:

center.jpg

My new DiNovo Mini for my HTPC is much smaller that I thought..
dinovo.jpg

and it is backlit.. :love:
night.jpg

• Members

Just curious, Don, on an average day, how many synths do you have? Just a ballpark, give or take 100, is fine.
:D

LOL! A few digitals, others are all analogs of which i restored may of them from completely dead state. I will list them when i close the analog hunting season later this year.

Archived