November New Gear Thread

aeon

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am awaiting the delivery of one of these:

iq200.jpg

Yes, it's the much sought after "Wonder Woman Prog-Rock Assemblage." No, wait a minute, no it isn't. It's a flimsy second tier support for my crappy IQ-2000 X-stand so maybe when I get something with synth-style keys I can put it up there. I like to think of it as planting a "synth seed." I put the second tier on and eventually a synth will show up.

• Members

So, I just called MF and said I wanted to take advantage of their 45-day Lowest Price Guarantee. I pointed out that Music123 was offering 15% off (remember MF discounted my Electro this weekend because of that?), and I'd like to have 15% percent refunded on my PC3X.

It took a little manager-escalation, but sure enough, they've refunded me almost $500. :)

That makes up for my lame-o Motif sale!

Guest Anonymous

I buy a MPC5000 and nobody gives a {censored}. DLP buys a reverb and he's the katz meow. Maybe I should go argue in the election thread for a while. Actually I had better things to do like build a box house for the daughters.

:love:

Guest Anonymous
I care, I care -- do you like it better than the 2500?

The blue display is easier on the eyes. Some of the buttons and the encoder feel smoother. The synth engine is nice to have onboard but, doesn't replace the big guns. I love having more efx and it's big and bad ass lookng.

• Members
I buy a MPC5000 and nobody gives a {censored}. DLP buys a reverb and he's the katz meow. Maybe I should go argue in the election thread for a while. Actually I had better things to do like build a box house for the daughters.

mmmm.... MPC5000....

homerdrool2.gif

• Members

The stereo multiband compressors are hardware. I currently have two. This will bring my total to four. I find that migrating my software processing back to real time hardware allows me to have a live performance setup that sounds more like the recorded result.

Mark

• Members

The stereo multiband compressors are hardware. I currently have two. This will bring my total to four. I find that migrating my software processing back to real time hardware allows me to have a live performance setup that sounds more like the recorded result.

Mark

Awesome. So, I bet that was a considerable investment :) I gotta ask though, why so many? Do you really play that many things at once which can't share the compressors?

Also, we need an MPC5000 thread. Like, seriously. I like the fact that it has one of the Alesis Fusion's playback engines in it (the Fusion has twin engines), and it's VA section as well. And even the screen is from the Fusion :wave:

Archived