November New Gear Thread

aeon

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both.

All blue MPC1000's have the potential for faulty pads. Some of the black MPC1000's have the potential problem with pads.

Three ways to determine if you have the new, good unit:

1. Model number ends in "BK-N" (vs "BK")

2. Rear panel is black (not silver)

3. Unit has individual pads vs single-sheet pads. (When you wiggle a pad back and forth with your finger, only that pad moves, vs all pads moving.)

• Members

Both.

All
blue MPC1000's
have the potential for
faulty pads.
Some
of the black MPC1000's have the potential problem with pads.

Three ways to determine if you have the new, good unit:

1. Model number ends in "BK-N" (vs "BK")

2. Rear panel is black (not silver)

3. Unit has individual pads vs single-sheet pads. (When you wiggle a pad back and forth with your finger, only
that
pad moves, vs all pads moving.)

So all new units being produced have the good pads? Thanks for the tips that will be very helpful.

• Members
WOOO nice Awake!

Not sure what keyboard you're gonna use with it though
:D

Thanks CR! I found a used one locally for $599 and I couldnt say no...the headshell just needed some TLC.

I will have to make some guitar tunes with the A6 in the background:)

• Members
Let me know how it works for 7-strings. Though that's usually up to the cabinet, the amps can handle it fine.

That's an awesome deal!!

It's killer - handles the low end from my RG1077XL and other 7's without a hitch! Very tight and clear with great note definition. I have the Clean, XTC, and Recto modules and they're all really good...there's this dude named Pete who professionaly modify any module you send him. This is what he did to the stock XTC:

I'm sending him mine in a couple weeks :)

That's the awesome thing about the MTS line - its already super versatile with the modular preamps, but the preamps themselves are pretty much designed to tweak. The circuit boards are really easy to trace and swap comonents in and out...

Randall customer service is top notch too...I needed side and top handles, rear grill bar, a bunch of screws and the Randall logo to restore the headshell. I called them up and they had it all at my house in 3 days for like $60.

• Members
korg_dss1.jpg

Mine looks not that nice, but it finally arrived today. I bought it 'as is', but in good condition, what means that the floppy drive is shot (what was expected). But the condition was hardly being rated good. Plenty of screws are missing and there is a big dent on the front panel. Besides that there is plenty of tape residue all over the synth, probably was there to hold everything together.

Anyway, one slide cap was missing that I fixed with one of my DSS-1 spare parts as I did with the floppy drive. It is a good thing collect old floppy drives and the best thing is, that I even did not have to use one that works with the Emax. It needs some major cleaning and an update on the power connector. That thing is loose and somehow plastered with electrical tape. I will go instantly to a 3 prong adapter for obvious reason.

The good thing is that everything else is working fine, the display has plenty of backlight left and all function, knobs, and sliders are working flawlessly. I need to get the library down from the net. Did anybody do this before and give me some hints, before I waste all my unformatted DD disks on it??

I had one before in much better shape and I liked it. I guess this is one of these sentimental buys. I have enough stuff but sometimes it is very difficult to say NO.

• Members

I never had a problem with my blue MPC1000 pads. And it was second hand.

+1

I know people they wracked even the MPC-60 pads by using drum sticks. However, both, my 60 and my 1000 are working fine even after all these years.

Archived