November New Gear Thread

aeon

• Members

Our country has suffered enormously due to its " guns for everyone with a pulse " culture

If everyone didn't have a gun, the Indians would have won.

Hey, that rhymed! Free lyric, first come first served!

p.s. I've sold almost all the guns I ever had to finance musical instruments. After target pracice began to bore me, and I started to come to terms with the realization that I really wasn't planning to shoot anyone, they just seemed absurd.

p.p.s. Anyone want an almost unused Ruger Bisley Vaquero?

p.p.p.s. Of course, part of this was moving to a pretty cul-de-sac in a nice neighborhood.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
you wouldn't be happy if someone aimed a gun at you, either

It's good that November's finished, otherwise this would {censored} up an otherwise fine thread.

Anyway, it's going to be here in December but the deal has been made:

mc307dg4.jpg

• Members

you wouldn't be happy if someone aimed a gun at you, either

Our country has suffered enormously due to its " guns for everyone with a pulse " culture

So do you think we should have strict regulations for folks who want to drive a car, own a swimming pool or operate power tools? Anyone can get a driver's license, a swimming pool or a table saw in this country. They're far easier to obtain than a gun and auto/swimming /tool accidents due to carelessness kill far more people on a regular basis than guns do.

Simple fact anti-gun people just can't understand:

Bad people who REALLY want guns or other weapons will ALWAYS find ways to get them no matter how many draconian laws or bans are passed. The ONLY people who actually comply with regulations are law abiding citizens who aren't a threat to anyone.

That's why muggers and car-jackers like to hit folks near airports and in big cities with strict handgun bans. They KNOW the victim isn't packing if they just got off a plane. In cities like Chicago and NYC the criminals know 99% of victims are likely unarmed, following the law to avoid a potential felony arrest for gun possession.

Vermont has an EXTREMELY low number of violent crimes and robberies because there's virtually NO regulations on carrying a concealed handgun. Makes a criminal think twice before mugging grandma who might be carrying a snub nose .357 in her purse. This also used to be the case in places like NYC, but once the gun ban came....so did the rise in violent crime.

Basically......... More guns and less regulation = less violence and crime. Sounds crazy but it's true. Most EXPERIENCED, senior police officers will also tell you this.

Sorry for the rant. I just can't stand how thoroughly they've destroyed critical thinking and basic logic with anti gun brainwashing. It's clear why they want our guns. Look at nearly every dictatorship throughout history and how they came to power...........all gun control advocates.

Let me end this rant with a quote from the United Nations:

"Civilian ownership of firearms in the US threatens the legitimate power monopoly of the state."

• Members
How do you like it? I've been thinking about one of these, or the Synth Mangler. Or maybe just go all-out for a Sherman Filterbank
:D

I do like it for the distortion and effects loop,the osc I find I'm not really using yet...it's a bit too much on synth.I bought it to try and do synth as guitar washes like MBV.It is an interesting pedal and it definitely can find it's way into a lot of sound creation.A little bit of the fuzz has a really nice richness too it.
The Mangler gives you 2 Soda Meisers in a box, no effect loop.2 different animals,if you want more fuzz and a joystick...
The Sherman,let's put it this way...If you have the cash,get it.
I'm currently eyeing a Sherman or a Filterfactory.
Pedal chic is in.I don't even own a guitar.

• Members
gun at you, either

Only one? :poke:

Ooops, I did buy this on Amazon (Shure SE420) yesterday

0,1425,i=172969,00.jpg

Can you sleep with them in and are they noise canceling? I went through three pairs of Sony in-ears but the right ear shorted out on every pair. Now I have a pair of Bose, but they're almost too big to be comfortable to sleep with them in. Almost. Looking for replacements.

Archived