what college / university (FFFFFFF brit folks) did you guyz attend?

amarr1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm going to Lake Washington Technical College only because it's free. I did the Environmental Horticulture program, and now I'm about two quarters in Funeral Services. However, right now I'm going through the application process with the Navy so I can have them pay for my schooling for something I actually want to do.

• Members

Most likely going to Loyola Chicago, Columbia Chicago, or UIC; I was considering U of I but the campus kind of sucks. Not too pleased with how I did in high school, but hopefully I can go somewhere prestigious & academically masturbatory for grad school.

• Members

I did not go to business school. You know who else didn't go to business school? LeBron James, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant. They went right from high school to the NBA. So... so it's not the same thing. At all.

• Members

Florida State.

(and maybe grad school at Columbia College Chicago)

And i'm not really sure about the comments regarding grad school being the new undergrad.

It really depends on what field you're going into and how much you have to pay.

A lot of people think that getting another degree is a good option if they can't get a job now, but if you end up with more student loans then you may end up wasting money.

I'm a huge proponent of getting a liberal arts education (I was a philosophy major). But I don't think that it's always in some people's best financial interest to keep continuing education, especially if they are going to into a lower paying field of work.

• Members

I didn't go to college or university. All I did after high school was community/social work for a year then a crash course in general arts for another year. Then about 5 years of faffing around with odd temp jobs untill real work started.

• Members

I'm attending Montana State University for electrical engineering. I just finished my sophomore year, but I bounced around in other majors (philosophy, architecture, and graphic design) before getting serious with EE. I also did a little bit of time out of state at University of Washington but decided it wasn't worth the coin.

• Members

Don't apologise, especially not if you're going just to see what you want to do.

Well I'm going firstly because my grades aren't spectacular and secondly because I want to get out of college with as little debt as possible.

Archived