what college / university (FFFFFFF brit folks) did you guyz attend?

amarr1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roger Williams University, Electrical Engineering class of '14. Since I have my loans are atrocious, I'm looking at enlisting in the Army as MOS 15f or 15j and doing the loan repayment plan (which covers up to $65,000). If I like it, I'll stay in and see what I can do about gettin my masters. When I get out, hopefully I could work for Boeing or Sikorsky. If I don't go that route, I'll be looking at Raytheon and the like right out of undergrad, but that probably won't happen :lol:.

• Members

UMass Amherst class of 2011. Journalism.

I'm staying in Amherst for the summer doing some copy-writing and freelance type work, as well as tutoring students in lovely Sprinfield. After this I'm going the ESL route for a year, both to save some money for the job search, and to see some other parts of the world. After that I will go where the jobs are.

Roger Williams University, Electrical Engineering class of '14. Since I have my loans are atrocious, I'm looking at enlisting in the Army as MOS 15f or 15j and doing the loan repayment plan (which covers up to $65,000). If I like it, I'll stay in and see what I can do about gettin my masters. When I get out, hopefully I could work for Boeing or Sikorsky. If I don't go that route, I'll be looking at Raytheon and the like right out of undergrad, but that probably won't happen
:lol:

Does Roger Williams have an exceptional electrical engineering program? I know that in many regards it's considered a mediocre school (no offense meant), and you could save a lot of money by transferring in state, unless of course you have substantial scholarships. I'm sure UMass has a good program, it is one of the bigger research institutions in the country after all.

• Members

I'm at Keele University, on the outskirts of lovely Stoke-on-Trent.

I started out doing a foundation year in physics, then moved onto a single honours Music Technology course (which I've just finished and am currently awaiting the results for), and will proceed to do a MRes in Music next year here at Keele - as the years have gone on, I've switched from loving contemporary/popular music to mainly art/classical music. Just one of those things really.

• Members

my friend got stabbed recently in springfield. Careful out there

Yea it's not a nice city, the highschool I work at is the worst in state, a couple weeks back there were 4 shootings within a ten block radius or something like that, luckily I drive a {censored}box so no one takes interest in my car.

• Members

portland state, class of '12

mathematical science, minors in applied linguistics and nonfiction writing. why? 'cause i like 'em. experience speaks volumes, so i've been working at newspapers for three years. i'm a section editor at one this year.

• Members

Yea RWU has a reputation as a backup school in Highschool. I got in but I didn't like the vibe I was getting and ended up going to URI for a a year (
:facepalm:
) before transferring to UMass.

Meh, a lot of the rep it gets isn't actually true, just like a lot of colleges. Entry is easy, but graduating as anything other than a business or art major is difficult. I will say that I hate the social environment here, so I can understand your bad vibes. Too many snobs from CT :lol:. As an EE student though, I rarely go outside, so it's not like it matters.

Archived