Catalinbread CB30 Videos

Liff

• Members

Interesting. Not one of the customers who bought the pedals has come to me to give me such feedback.

I didn't ask anybody to give me business advice. We're doing just fine, thank you. If you have such good ideas why not just apply them to your own endeavors?

I love every CBread pedal I've ever heard or played, but dude... You're starting to come across a BIT like ZVex. :poke:

The guy's just a loyal customer giving you feedback, albeit in a bit of a douchey way.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:eek:Wow this thread has gotten crazy. I can remember back in 80's when pedals were pretty boring looking. No one seemed to give a {censored}. More about tone than looks. I guess I'm a little older than some folks on this forum.

Come on, toan doesn't matter on hcfx.

• Members

Thanks DD.

Well, i'm being a douche because I was asked to pitch his pedals to a popular local store here, then asked to design a pedal for them (which made my day/week/life), and never heard back from him. And then the Zach came out.

But i'm not the only one trying to make the point, yet he ignores the feedback... it burns a lil' more.

• Members

THAT is more like what I expected the CB 30 to sound like.

Not that it sounds bad alone, but I expected it to be more of an all in one Vox sound. Pretty smart to make you buy the boost separate.

Clever bastards those Catalinbread folk. Yeah, you can buy the Star Wars figures alone, but they're not as cool without buying the Ewok Village play set.

It's not a Brian May pedal.

• Members

Feedback is one thing... Attacks on the people who make my company possible is something entirely different. I back these people with 100% of my confidence and loyalty.

Honestly, I must've missed where he 'attacked' the people who made your company possible - no sarcasm intended. All I saw was that yeah, he was being a bit of a douche in the way he responded, but then had a valid gripe when he stated why it was personal, but also reflects a lot of other people's thoughts on your new designs.

sparkfriction had a point - You're in the boutique industry. Cosmetics are a must. And while it won't keep me from buying one of the new DLS's and CB30's (:love:) in the future, I'm not that big of a fan of your graphics either. This is a message forum where people literally come here to bitch and critique about gear, so it only seems fair to deal with that type of criticism.

I'll go back and read some of the previous posts, because honestly, I could've missed something. I know my opinion means nothing to you, because I'm just a random interwebz forumite, but I'm gonna post my thoughts anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, it does seem like Bigsby's taking this a little too personally... but still... 'twas his opinion and others share it. :idk:

• Members

Honestly, I must've missed where he 'attacked' the people who made your company possible - no sarcasm intended. All I saw was that yeah, he was being a bit of a douche in the way he responded, but then had a valid gripe when he stated why it was personal, but also reflects a lot of other people's thoughts on your new designs.

sparkfriction had a point - You're in the boutique industry. Cosmetics are a must. And while it won't keep me from buying one of the new DLS's and CB30's (
:love:
) in the future, I'm not that big of a fan of your graphics either. This is a message forum where people literally come here to bitch and critique about gear, so it only seems fair to deal with that type of criticism.

I'll go back and read some of the previous posts, because honestly, I could've missed something. I know my opinion means nothing to you, because I'm just a random interwebz forumite, but I'm gonna post my thoughts anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, it does seem like Bigsby's taking this a little too personally... but still... 'twas his opinion and others share it.
:idk:

Here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2800588-Catalinbread-CB30-Videos&p=43395241&viewfull=1#post43395241

It is entirely possible he didn't mean it the way it reads? It is a forum after all.

I don't actually care what people say about our pedals as long as they are saying something at all. I do however take issue with attacks on the people who work to make my company possible.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Finally got a CB30, 8 months after I started the thread.

The new boxes look awesome in person, period.

I've been using it just like the way I would on a real vox. Super bright and clean. (gain:0 treble:3 o'clock bass:9 o'clock)

It reacts to pedals in that particular way too.

I really really dig this pedal. Kudos to Catalinbread.

• Members

Finally got a CB30, 8 months after I started the thread.

The new boxes look awesome in person, period.

I've been using it just like the way I would on a real vox. Super bright and clean. (gain:0 treble:3 o'clock bass:9 o'clock)

It reacts to pedals in that particular way too.

I really really dig this pedal. Kudos to Catalinbread.

That is about where I leave my CB30 and real AC30 dialed, Treble 2 o'clock, Bass 11 o'clock. Gain around noon. Thats for checkin this pedal out! If you have any questions feel free to let me know! nicholas@catalinbread.com

Archived