Amy Winehouse found dead

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So you're saying she was
forced
to do heroin and get addicted?

I think he's trying to say that a father has to bury his daughter, and that people should be allowed to mourn her loss without being told that it was all her own fault and she was stupid.

• Members

She really could've. Personally I think Back In Black is a great album. Some people like to hate whatever is popular out of principal. I'm sure if it was some underground hero who suffered a similar fate you wouldn't have so much douchery.

• Members

Ripped off their sound? Sure, her music is 60s soul inspired but I'd hardly go that far. Besides, they're groups; she's a solo artist. I'd say she was more influenced by Billie Holiday than any of those groups. And as for who really gave a {censored} about her music, quite a few people it'd seem.

The production sounds like it's trying to go back to that, which is a good thing. I love that sound. I just never found her songs to be anything other than background music at parties that I would forget about as soon as the next song came on.

• Members

The production sounds like it's trying to go back to that, which is a good thing. I love that sound. I just never found her songs to be anything other than background music at parties that I would forget about as soon as the next song came on.

I think the sound pays homage to it but is a lot more contemporary. Sounds a lot more glossy to me, and there's a fair bit of modern r'n'b/hip-hop influence as well as the older soul/jazz stuff. To each their own...

• Members

She was just a one hit wonder. More famous for her personal problems than her music. She did herself a favor dying young because her music will now be remembered and regarded as being much greater than it really was. Funny how the sheeple always rush to buy a persons music once they're dead. And of course the inevitable speculation on what greatness she would have gone on to do. Fact is she was around for 4 years after her one hit and didn't do anything except smoke crack and shoot heroin.

• Members

She was just a one hit wonder. More famous for her personal problems than her music. She did herself a favor dying young because her music will now be remembered and regarded as being much greater than it really was. Funny how the sheeple always rush to buy a persons music once they're dead. And of course the inevitable speculation on what greatness she would have gone on to do. Fact is she was around for 4 years after her one hit and didn't do anything except smoke crack and shoot heroin.

Which one of her songs was her one hit wonder?

Rehab? Back to Black? Valerie?

• Members

Wow, some rough stuff in here :freak:

At least she's at peace now...

As far as hits in the US, I 'm pretty surprised anybody that digs music and hangs out here thinks she was a one hit wonder regardless of what part of the country they live in.

As if her death would be a little less sad if she was a one hit wonder.

This place...

Archived