NGD: Schecter Elite 8 Silver Burst (br00tz crowd ONLY)

Aaron SS

• Members

It's here!

IMGP4437.jpg

IMGP4438.jpg

IMGP4439.jpg

IMGP4440.jpg

IMGP4443.jpg

IMGP4445.jpg

IMGP4446.jpg

IMGP4447.jpg

Pros:

-Unbeatable for the price IMO ($419 shipped BRAND NEW)

-Pickups are great for distorted tones, nice balance and clarity

-Very nice neck contour that I find extremely comfortable. I've read of people disliking the heel but while unnecessarily square I have no problems with it

-Lightweight - no back-breaker here

-Tuners - they're Grovers, enough said

-The finish is one my favorites and the overall fit, finish and setup were nice

Cons:

-Not too keen on the clean tones but this is coming from a 6 string maple neck/fretboard tele player so take that as you'd like. I'm going to try running it into a zvex super hard on to see if that livens it up a bit.

-This is super nit-picky but the black chrome hardware that Schecter uses looks terrible after it's been used for a while. Chrome would've been a better choice but again this is just an aesthetic issue.

While I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this guitar I can honestly say I'd highly recommend it. For the price it just can't be matched IMO - affordable 8 string with EMG 808's for the price of a MIM Fender.

Video to come but I need to tweak my setup a bit more to do any sort of justice to this guitar.

:thu:

• Members

If the neck joint was a little better I might have considered one as a shorter scale alternative to my 2228.

I'd reconsider it.

The neck joint could've been executed better but I definitely don't have any issues with reaching the higher frets and I think that's large in part to the really great neck profile.

• Members

Woah, congrats man. Looks really nice to me. I played an 8 back when they first started showing up in stores, i was pretty intimidated by it, haha.

I tried some of the early models from a few companies and the only company that got it right out of the gate was Agile IMO. I wanted the ESP/LTD Stephen Carpenter sig to be awesome but I just didn't dig it at all which is why getting this is pretty awesome because it can hang with the Agile that was quite a bit more expensive. It seems like they're finally getting the 8 string designs right at the right price - Schecter anyway.

I think when I go back to Snax FX land my clean tone issue will be fixed because I can really dial it in. This is going to sound nuts but right now I'm running Schecter > M9 > Fender Superchamp XD > Earcandy 1x12 and getting pretty great distorted sounds, the clean still needs work.

Settings (for drop tuned m9'ers) :

0DFD9767-orig.jpg

6BE53E66-orig.jpg

Line 6 Drive > Para EQ. The pure clean tones are the ones I need to work as I've got a pretty atmospheric sounding patch with a pitch vibrato and tape echo that sounds pretty great.

Tomorrow I'll put it through the paces on the big boy setup :lol:

IMGP3497.jpg

Archived