Let's talk nu-metal.

Loobs

• Members

This seems like as good a place to mention this as any. Why is there a new Staind song on the radio? And Papa Roach a number of months ago? It's like we all agreed these bands were awful years ago but suddenly they're being rebooted. What marketing asshole thought this was a good idea?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

fundamental elements of southtown is still a great album. My fave POD album. I saw them live a number of times, my favorite was when they played before that album came out, they played a few songs off it and my head asploded....

especially 'hollywood'. Traa slapping that heavy distorted bass line live was brutal...

I saw P.O.D. once. w/ Linkin Park and Story of the Year in Chicago. Good show. Sonny came out and did Papercut like a boss.

• Members

I went to Summer Sanitarium back in 2003... It was Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Metallica. Quite the show haha

I used to listen to quite a bit of Nu-Metal in Highschool growing up. Out of all of the bands I used to enjoy (Deftones, Taproot, Poison the Well, Mudvayne) I'd say that the Deftones are the only band out of all of them that I can still stand.

I thought the Linkin Park Reanimation album was pretty unique (all remixes) but I never really listened to Korn/Slipknot/Staind.

And yes, I played in a Nu-Metal band in High School. Fat strat into a peavey bandit..... tone city!!

• Members

out of all these bands, Deftones and Slipknot are the only ones that really managed to leave that image of crappy baggy shorts with bad hairdo behind. They both are relevant. Any other nu-metal needs to die away.

I never really got nu metal, never will either!

• Members

I'm 22 and I was probably the few my age that never really got into it all .... I was brought up with Motorhead, then bypassed nu-metal and went straight into Black/Doom.

I do remember some of these tracks posted though.

EDIT: And Papa Roach is one of my most hated bands.

• Members

An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity is one of my all time favorite albums. My first real show was going to see them and Stuck Mojo back in 99 I think. To this day it was the most energetic show I have ever been to.

• Members

LOL man. I loved nu-metal too. In the 8th grade I had a friend who could shred, he was into Eric Johnson and Malmsteen, I guess he bought the first Korn album thinking it was legit metal and hated it so he just gave it to me. Then I was all about teh flog!

You know what numetal album I still love though is Roots by Sepultura, that thing sounds phenomenal and the songs are just heavy as {censored}.

Also, this.

Archived