The thing I 'hate' the most about BOTB

warioblast

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just stocked my pantry with only the finest soups, baked goods and condiments. I have also taken the time to artfully arrange these foodstuffs and have composed many tastefully photographs of the results of my hard work so that I can post them to a 'best pantry competition' on the internets.

1294840945852.gif

• Members

I'd be really pissed if I had submitted my board.
:)
It just makes me feel sad. Those guys are lowering your chances to win.

I can understand your point of view, Fabrice. It's tough to cheer for the opportunists. But if you think about it, there will always be reasons for why someone deserves the prize less than someone else, no matter how much you try to control the pool. For example, if Kayzer wins, you can be sure that someone will be pissed off about it, despite the fact that he posts regularly and deserves to win as much as any of us.

The guys who are donating the prizes probably want as much exposure for their products as possible. So it's really in their best interest to encourage the most entries possible, as it should be.

BOTB is fun. Let's keep it that way the best we can.

If I had a bottle of Savagnin right now, I would share it with you :thu:

• Members

As a longtime lurker who doesn't post often at all, I gotta say that I don't participate in BOTB to win prizes, I just want to play along and enter my sweet board! If I really want a new pedal, I'm not going to enter contests and hope for the best, I'm going go out and buy it. Now if I win a raffle, then that is just an awesome bonus. I rarely post, but I read these boards every day, and have been doing so since I stumbled upon them over three years ago. That in itself should earn me the "right" to enter. Lighten up, chill, and vote for me :wave:

• Members

As a longtime lurker who doesn't post often at all, I gotta say that I don't participate in BOTB to win prizes, I just want to play along and enter my sweet board! If I really want a new pedal, I'm not going to enter contests and hope for the best, I'm going go out and buy it. Now if I win a raffle, then that is just an awesome bonus. I rarely post, but I read these boards every day, and have been doing so since I stumbled upon them over three years ago. That in itself should earn me the "right" to enter. Lighten up, chill, and vote for me
:wave:

:thu:

I dislike most of the regulars anyway, so I'd rather see the lurkers win. :)

• Members

you did a great job neo....don't let people bother you. thanks again for the botb...you did a great job!!!

people who'd like to see it done better should step up and do a better job (if it can be done....neo has it down).

yeah and this - great Job Flo :thu:

this board makes me sound like a old record...

• Members

i started posting here because of botb.... i don't know if thats is considered a good thing or not... but yeah i mean i only have like 700 posts in 4ish years....

Yeah but you Sigur Ros fans just live at a different pace to us regular folk. :lol:

• Members

I just think that the rules per category have to be better explained... Not complaining it just got a bit confusing...

Thanks neo, what matters at the end is participation, and organization. And you did a great job of putting everything together.

Love,

Ren

Archived