The thing I 'hate' the most about BOTB

warioblast

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just think that the rules per category have to be better explained... Not complaining it just got a bit confusing...

Thanks neo, what matters at the end is participation, and organization. And you did a great job of putting everything together.

Love,

Ren

I do agree with this.. the problem is because people aren't sure what category they should be in, considering everything I think it would be the easiest to just make more 'size' categories and let everyone 'battle' on the same terms. The boutique category is pointless (as the other categories are full of boutique pedals) so it the 'noise' category.. why isn't there any other 'genre' categories? it all seems a bit silly to me, why not just have 2-3,4-5,6-8,9-10,11-13,14-16 etc etc... the actual sizes could even be 'jiggled' around a bit to even out the amount of entries in each group (making things fairer), everyone would just submit their board and that would be it, easy....

• Members

I do agree with this.. the problem is because people aren't sure what category they should be in, considering everything I think it would be the easiest to just make more 'size' categories and let everyone 'battle' on the same terms. The boutique category is pointless (as the other categories are full of boutique pedals) so it the 'noise' category.. why isn't there any other 'genre' categories? it all seems a bit silly to me, why not just have 2-3,4-5,6-8,9-10,11-13,14-16 etc etc... the actual sizes could even be 'jiggled' around a bit to even out the amount of entries in each group (making things fairer), everyone would just submit their board and that would be it, easy....

I agree. This system should be revamped for the next event.

• Members

well ok, scrap the sizes and just have the others (plus some more) that could work too.

vintage

boutique

budget (dano, behrinegr etc)

standard production (boss, modern ehx, etc)

Noise

Church rig (
:)
)

unsigned band gigging board

signed band gigging board

bedroom set up

etc etc.... but if you put those along side small, medium, large etc, then nobody knows what the {censored} to enter into.
:lol:

either/or

a simple vote to decide Sizes or categories. ....... done.

Now that prizes are raffled, it's all really arbitrary anyways isn't it? Okay, so the winner gets "bragging rights." Not to demean that simple pleasure, but c'mon, is that really the ultimate goal for that category? IMO, it is not... the ultimate goal is the pleasure of having conversations and dialogue about the category and the entries.

That said, I'm all for organizing categories based on whatever generates the most interesting conversations. :idk:

• Members

Now that prizes are raffled, it's all really arbitrary anyways isn't it? Okay, so the winner gets "bragging rights." Not to demean that simple pleasure, but c'mon, is that really the ultimate goal for that category? IMO, it is not... the ultimate goal is the pleasure of having conversations and dialogue about the category and the entries.

That said, I'm all for organizing categories based on whatever generates the most interesting conversations.
:idk:

agreed, it is arbitrary... just trying to think of a way to make less butthurt. :lol:

Archived