videos of my band

echodeluxe

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it is starting to smell like vinegar and water in here.....
all I am trying to get across is that the more you gig, the more you are going to realize that the sound will almost always suck. Sooooo....the more you practice compensating with your pipes, the better off the music will be. I'm not telling you to change your style, or play bluesy, I told you I like the music, but I'm starting to not care....sheesh. :rolleyes:

• Members

word Loobs.

for real EchoD - you know HCFX and you have to take "critique"... it is like murphy's law. Sure the critique is not real critique insteed of trashtalk... but hey, everybody who posted watched your stuff and is intressted - thats a big plus imo Better as no one cares for imo

what i said in one of the older threads. i like your guitar sound and at least you guys play! Not my cup of tea and i guess you have to work on some stuff... but thats just my tiny opinion.

• Members

This is why I don't post vids of my band. That being said, I don't think you should get so defensive about a camcorder youtube video critique. I'm 100% positive your performance was better live. It's a video on youtube!!!! Don't get so defensive. No one in this thread is putting up amazing videos with high quality sound of there live performances. It's just the internet, don't get so balled up over this. The video of your performance is fine. Did you hear my {censored}ty band with {censored}ty sound on {censored}ty youtube in my {censored}ty sig? Check it out, we suck... do I care?... a little, but not enough to get balled up over it.

• Members

oh my god, {censored}ing listen to this song on full blast:

while watching this video (muted) in high def on full screen mode:

for a moment i fell to my knees and felt as though i was one with creation, and the heartbeat of the universe drove me to tears

• Members

I'm not really bothered. I just know I can look past the quality of YouTube code to hear what's really there, but its surprising others can't? I dunno who cares. Suck 3.

And P. Wallace, your band is legit.

Edit: the banana man makes the video. Your band sucks cuz YouTube qualty.

• Members

i'll tell you man...its true about nearly EVERY venue having {censored}ty PAs.

we've played in a dozen venues around our area & TWO had monitors that were even useful, ONE of which was actually awesome. It's part of the game....we do 4 part harmonies, so our vocal have to be tight. we practice them constantly in bare bones monitor situations...you've gotta be able to compensate with stage volume/vocal control.

the "nerdy" image is fine...but you do like nervous....Rivers Cuomo pulls off the "nerdy" thing like a boss...and i know you're not a arena pop rock band like them, but you get what i'm saying.

i like your guitar sounds, they're fantastic. and you guys as a band are super tight. very well rehearsed, obviously.

the main things i think could be improved are: 1. your vocal quality. your singing sounds like an afterthought. your voice have a Kind of Like Spitting quality to it...its hard to pull off without some passion & control.

and 2. your band dynamics. and i think honestly it has to do with your guitar sound....its hard to hear with that camera & the {censored}ty PA...could just be the crappy camera mic, but there are moments where the drummer & bassist/piano are rocking out, and so are you, but the guitar sound is still washy & "in the back". that's not to say you can't have the delay/verb thing going on in the rock out parts, but you need to get louder too & punch more. like i said, maybe you do & the camera mic just didn't pick it up well...

but i think you guys have something good going for sure, just needs a little polishing & attention to detail.

taking critique from a bunch of musicians is hard, but necessary. not everyone is gonna dig your style, and {censored} them. its your band. but when it comes to the technical aspects, take them & use it to improve your sound.

• Members

See, you get it. There have been a few people telling me to be more confident in my vocals, but I am! Telling me to project my vocals more is {censored}ing useless. The music I write is very dynamic and if shouted my vocals all the time, then it would sound like {censored}.

So far, we've only been able to play {censored} venues with Crap pa systems. Does the EP sound like the vocals are too quiet or weak?

I'm kind of surprised all of these so called "musicians" are missing that fact. I mean, come on. If every band shouted their vocals we would just have a bunch of screamo and metal bands. I guess that's what you guys like?

That's like me telling a blues band to play less bluesy riffs.

i think you may have missed the point. projection does not equal yelling.

• Members

Ok.

i cant sing for {censored} so props to you for putting it out there, esp on-posting to this mad house. as i said above my "critique" is just stage presence. one of my fave live performers was elliott smith. nervous indie type yeah? his stage presence was electrifying. his projection was insane... he never yelled.

Archived