videos of my band

echodeluxe

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And to quote Tipsy McLoaded up there, "At least you're fpoin it!".

I said what? Ha, I stand behind every word of it 100%. That's probably the most honest assessment of what someone in a local brew pub would be thinking as they watched you perform in real time. Thankfully for all of us even a power move like emo-punching your guitar barely registers as thoughts of spicy lasagna and Peter Dinklage waft through the crowd's "consciousness".

Constructively speaking, even any negative careless remarks an audience would have are mitigated by their own concerns and preoccupations. Don't take any criticism too much to heart as all performers inevitably encounter much worse. And yes ...

"At least you're fpoin it!"

peterdinklage.jpg

• Members

I saw this in my sub box the other day, loved em. Liked yall on facebook then bought the physical copy of your EP on bandcamp. Keep it up echo

I was wondering who that was! You should get it tomorrow or the day after.

Thank you so much dude. You're the only person who made an online purchase. I really appreciate the support.

• Members

I said what? Ha, I stand behind every word of it 100%. That's probably the most honest assessment of what someone in a
local brew pub
would be thinking as they watched you perform in real time. Thankfully for all of us even a power move like emo-punching your guitar barely registers as thoughts of spicy lasagna and Peter Dinklage waft through the crowd's "consciousness".

Constructively speaking, even any negative careless remarks an audience would have are mitigated by their own concerns and preoccupations. Don't take any criticism too much to heart as all performers inevitably encounter much worse. And yes ...

"At least you're fpoin it!"

peterdinklage.jpg

Emo punching my guitar? Really?

• Members

My only critique has nothing to do with the tunes but rather your presence. You seem very nervous (and rghtly so, fronting a band aint easy). The constant mic touching, glasses readjusting etc etc. You need to display your online personality more and by that i mean, show some balls, some arrogance. The songs are solid, the band is too. Just get put there and "act" if that is what is needed. Many an arrogant front person are quiet unassuming types off stage.

Again, nothing negative, but hopefully constructive as that is how it is meant.

• Members

I was wondering who that was! You should get it tomorrow or the day after.

Thank you so much dude. You're the only person who made an online purchase. I really appreciate the support.

Yeah dude, I'm really diggin yalls sound and I'm a sucker for physical copies of stuff haha. Best of luck to you guys.

• Members

It's funny people are mocking the guitar punching. I actually thought, "Yeah man, he's really getting into it!"
I'm quite easily pleased, but I thought the nervous-indie-kid- act is just as a good a stage presence as the boisterous rock star act.
You were certainly more interesting to watch onstage than the bassist-not to say he's not a great musician.

• Members

See, you get it. There have been a few people telling me to be more confident in my vocals, but I am! Telling me to project my vocals more is {censored}ing useless. The music I write is very dynamic and if shouted my vocals all the time, then it would sound like {censored}.

So far, we've only been able to play {censored} venues with Crap pa systems. Does the EP sound like the vocals are too quiet or weak?

I'm kind of surprised all of these so called "musicians" are missing that fact. I mean, come on. If every band shouted their vocals we would just have a bunch of screamo and metal bands. I guess that's what you guys like?

That's like me telling a blues band to play less bluesy riffs.

Archived