videos of my band

echodeluxe

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

echo, are you using the re-20 in the temecula video for the slide part? ive been chasing a sound like that for a while. My dmm comes close, but not quite that nice.

You betcha. I'm using a zippo for the slide part too.

My setup is Tele, tu2, fulldrive, cool cat trem, de7, re20, micro amp, fy2, classic 50.

And {censored} you C+t in b. I bet your music sucks dick.

Unless you're joking then, lol.

Coop, goat{censored}.

• Members

Robo, your {censored} sucks too I dunno why you're choppin it up like you're doing anything interesting musically. Drop acid and get lost in a forest you out of touch patchuli {censored}.

Loobs, I would have more confidence of the sound guy was there to turn up the monitors and foh. Mother{censored}er bounced.

• Members

Good to see a HCFXer playing live.. seriously.

Although, for what I hear/see, I kinda get the impression of a song being played far away in the distance.. I see you moving around, rocking that tele, but what I hear doesn't really deliver a connection to the song. The songs remains distant, not sure if it's because the song, or the tech settings, I don't get a clear point of it, just some chacka chacka on the guitar, and then some drums.

The "needs more fuzz" is also correct :lol:

I hope you don't mind the critic, it's just to be honest, based on a youtube video. I'm sure it sounds way better in real life.

• Members

a buddy of mine that is a great singer/guitarist helped me when I decided to try singing over a band in a live setting by telling me to stand about 4 inches off the mic, and project your voice like the mic is a foot or more away...that made sense to me somehow. To push your voice a bit out of it's bar conversational level, and learn to control it/pitch etc. moving in and off the mic. I am an awful singer live or recorded so take this with a grain of salt, my voice used to regularly devolve into some sorta pirate/ Tom Waits imitation. no joke. I called it my "gave up trying" style. I like Molecules a bunch. And off course you are always at the mercy of the sound system/guy. If I can't hear myself in the monitors, my pitch is pretty cringe worthy. Keep on keepin' on.

• Members

Echod, i aint an authority in music But, the soundman is not to blame completely. You need to work on the vocals so they sound present not shaky or timid. Good job just tAke care of that like you take care of yer sound...

Agreed.

Archived