What are you reading?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RadioSilence

View Post

see my photo above ^^^^

Maybe I should try the audiobooks.

Make sure you get the Roy Dotrice readings! There are some other versions floating around by different narrators, but they can't hold a candle to the level of entertainment he brings to the series. Whenever there are spoken lines, he instantly switches from narrating to acting, going into character for whoever is speaking. It's pretty amazing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyBen

View Post

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. On my mission to read everything he's ever written.

I'm almost finished with Damned - I like it quite a bit. I have read all of his stuff except for Tell-All and Pygmy. All of his early stuff is fantastic - I especially liked Choke.

Quote Originally Posted by turnstylepoet

View Post

Loved Neverwhere! It is a fun read.

Just started reading Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman. So far so good.

Downtown Owl is a cool book, the ending is really good imo as well. I got his new novel for Christmas, but haven't started it yet.

• Members

RE: Audiobooks...

Check with your local library's website: my library is linked up to the a regional library to go with 1000's of audio books that can be checked out for 3 weeks at a time (if you put them on your ipod, you can keep them there as longs as you like).

I love my audiobooks..usually I listen to books I have already read unless it is a pulp book in which case the audiobook format works great without the added comprehension from reading first.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jonny guitar

View Post

Make sure you have the one with the original ending because there are two versions of the ending.

The 21st chapter was omitted from the editions published in the United States prior to 1986.

I'm safe smile.gif

• Members

Halfway through A Feast for Crows. Started reading A Clash of Kings the day after the last episode aired. I wonder how much his numbers has gone up after HBO's Game of Thrones...

I guess I'll finish the existing title in the series and then move on to any Haruki Murakami book that I haven't read yet.

• Members

Rereading Perdido Street Station, gotta finish Iron Sunrise next (half-way through). Read the new King novel recently. Was ok.

Want to read the final Earth's Children book soon. And start the Hitchhiker's Guide series! My gf is reading Game of Thrones. I'm unsure whether or not I should too or just enjor the TV series for now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by humancertainty

View Post

The Face of the Third Reich by Joachim C. Fest and A Mencken Chrestomathy by H.L. Mencken.

Too many books at once. I'm also reading Cries Unheard, Why Children Kill: The Story of Mary Bell by Gitta Sereny and Guns, Death, Terror edited by Jack Sargeant.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dpizappi

View Post

I'm finishing up One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest now.

I'm not sure what's next as I've got quite a few unread books waiting on my shelf. Might start on this beast if I'm feeling particularly brave.

BOOK-popup.jpg

That book is one of my all time favorites. Seriously, it's unbelievably good.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fatso Forgottso

View Post

I finished that a couple of days ago. I need to read it again before I can form an opinion on it icon_lol.gif

I'm about to start Mao II by Don Delillo.

Have you read White Noise? And what did you think, if so? I'm in the middle of it now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by falseswipe

View Post

Have you read White Noise? And what did you think, if so? I'm in the middle of it now.

I loved white noise. Really good book, although it's been so long that my memory of it is hazy. I also really enjoyed libra, which is a book he wrote about lee harvey oswald and the kennedy assasination. Highly recommended.

Archived