Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Aaron SS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=2tpz

Two things make me sad in this picture.

1) For some reason it looks like he was using a soft touch switch for the tap tempo, and then changed his mind.

2) The tap tempo is on the right footswitch, when I typically prefer it on the left, and in the unmarked box, it looks like he was planning on doing it that way!

So, those are my two relatively minor gripes. Pedal looks awesome though. Looks like it might have all the subdivisions of my Brigadier, except with the addition of an 8th note subdivision. This is perfect for me, as I love my Brig, but I always missed having an 8th note subdivision on there. Sometimes tapping 8th notes is just way too fast to do accurately. Knowing me, and my love of Way Huge, I'd say there is a 99% chance I buy this the second I can (assuming more than 300ms of delay time).

• Members

Two things make me sad in this picture.

1) For some reason it looks like he was using a soft touch switch for the tap tempo, and then changed his mind.

2) The tap tempo is on the right footswitch, when I typically prefer it on the left, and in the unmarked box, it looks like he was planning on doing it that way!

So, those are my two relatively minor gripes. Pedal looks awesome though. Looks like it might have all the subdivisions of my Brigadier, except with the addition of an 8th note subdivision. This is perfect for me, as I love my Brig, but I always missed having an 8th note subdivision on there. Sometimes tapping 8th notes is just way too fast to do accurately. Knowing me, and my love of Way Huge, I'd say there is a 99% chance I buy this the second I can (assuming more than 300ms of delay time).

If you like the brig then you'll love an El Cap (I know, it's unrelated :lol:). I really did not like the Brig and thought the TC Nova Repeater ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Also, I'm sure the tap is still a soft touch but it looks like the bypass because he's got in's with dunlops vast buying power/parts stash.

• Members

If you like the brig then you'll love an El Cap (I know, it's unrelated
:lol:
). I really did not like the Brig and thought the TC Nova Repeater ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Also, I'm sure the tap is still a soft touch but it looks like the bypass because he's got in's with dunlops vast buying power/parts stash.

Yeah. I recently got an El Cap for my gigging board, and I think I like it more than the Brig. It seems to sit better in a band mix, I never used the triplet setting on the Brig while the 16th note setting on the El Cap is awesome, and I absolutely love being able to turn on my delay and reverb at the same time to get a huge wash of sound. My only complaint is that on the El Cap when you tap in a new time, the old repeats completely cut out, while they shift pitch on the Brig like they would if you were turning the delay knob. Strymon told me that's by design, but I still don't like having tons of repeats, and if I try to modify the tempo, they all cut out. Blah.

Here's to hoping the Supa-Puss is everything I'm looking for, and that it is released within the next week! :thu::lol:

• Members

And yeah. As long as it has 500ms, I'll be happy. About 450 is the most I ever use. 600 would be better though, just because I remember the Aqua Puss had unbearable clocknoise when the delay time knob was anywhere close to being maxed out. Mine started getting clock noise around 1 o'clock, which is why I sold it. Hopefully this thing handles longer delay times better too. :thu:

Archived