The SMMH is a rediculously cool pedal

OMTerria

• Members

I'm not sure what to think of mine. It almost seems like an unfinished project in some respects. The tuning and sweep of the tone knob seems like it could be better and is really my main complain. In spite of all the swirly sounds and different things it can do it just always seems to be either too bright, too dark or too full range.

I feel like i never know what the decay knob is going to do... in this respect it seems like it's doing the job of three knobs, so there's a lot of cool stuff in there but you don't have much control over it.

I also prefer a delay level control rather than a mix knob on delay pedals.

But that's just me... Not every pedal is for everyone.

I agree about the filter; I think it's poorly tuned.

Still a wicked pedal though, I don't really use much delay anymore or I'd still have mine.

• Members

Just got one of these yesterday, pretty odd so far, the echo mode sounds like a dub drum into a space echo and the multi tap mode acts like an 80s digital rack delay.

Gonna need to read the instructions carefully on this one :D

• Members

I cant get on with the multi-tap modes. But the 300ms + mod is the one for me. Also the reverse, with the auto-swell effect on the M5 in to the reverse with the blend way up and a bit of fuzz sounds awesome as well.

Still fumbling with the volume drop as well, having read the manual cover to cover, still cant figure it but I tend to have it on or off so its only an issue with the looper, which I only use on my own for a bit of fun.

• Members

I love my SMMH.

But it's one of my least used delays.
:idk:

I felt this way about the Timeline for a while, but then I came to my senses and now use it all the time. I've never had another multi-delay (or multi-anything, really) so I'm still getting the hang of it and have finally warmed up to using it. I always thought it sounded amazing, though.

• Members
I think I found a hidden gem, guys. Anyone else ever made their SMMH simulate a ZVex Ooh Wah/Seek Wah?

Reverse delay mode, set your knobs EXACTLY like this:

Photo0430232-1.jpg

Minute adjustment of the decay knob changes the pattern, and minute adjustments of the delay time knob changes the speed. Filter has to be more or less where I have it - too far clockwise and this effect turns into something else altogether. You can change the blend knob a little but too much loses the effect.

Have fun, thank me later
:D

I've just had the most productive session yet on the reverse delay mode, I had it harmonizing all kinds of notes, which I never thought it could do.

Archived