The SMMH is a rediculously cool pedal

OMTerria

• Members

Seriously, damn. I've been getting a ton of milage out of it recently. Looping is a ton of fun, the regular delays are nice, and the mod/multi tap modes are like ambient/shoegaze in a box. I'm still figuring out the potential of the reverse, but even that is really cool so far (best reverse I've used). It really is one workhorse of a pedal. CSB and whatnot, but yeah.

• Members

i love delays but i don't find i really need another one.

weird thing is it makes a popping noise with my new orange TH30 head that it didn't do with my other amp, none of the other pedals in the loop pop either..

but yeah, won't sell it. i keep getting tired of it and coming back to it.

• Members

Theres a youtube video of some guy playing "to here knows when" with the reverse and a dano pedal. It sounds so sweet...

It is a cool video and it's one of the settings I use the most, but it's not the reverse. It's the 1 sec multi-tap echo. He's using it where the echoes increase in volume.

I really love the SMMH. I'm always finding new fun things to do with it.

• Members

i love delays but i don't find i really need another one.

weird thing is it makes a popping noise with my new orange TH30 head that it didn't do with my other amp, none of the other pedals in the loop pop either..

but yeah, won't sell it. i keep getting tired of it and coming back to it.

Yeah, I'm still in the honeymoon phase but it's the most a single delay pedal has impressed me in a while. I'd definitely go with this over other digital delays in the price range. Sub decisions would be nice, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

• Members

Is it last pedal in the chain? Maybe it's an impedance problem, try putting a buffer/buffered pedal after it.

in that case my freeze will have traveled from the absolute front of the chain, after the tuner to the last part of the chain, passing 9 or so pedals.

goddamnit.

• Members

I want one now. I got a flashback, instead. I like reverse with blend. not reverse with fx volume.

how doez the smmh hang with a one spot?

Mine runs fine. It draws 180ma or so. The adapter that came with mine was faulty :lol:

• Members

I'm not sure what to think of mine. It almost seems like an unfinished project in some respects. The tuning and sweep of the tone knob seems like it could be better and is really my main complain. In spite of all the swirly sounds and different things it can do it just always seems to be either too bright, too dark or too full range.

I feel like i never know what the decay knob is going to do... in this respect it seems like it's doing the job of three knobs, so there's a lot of cool stuff in there but you don't have much control over it.

I also prefer a delay level control rather than a mix knob on delay pedals.

But that's just me... Not every pedal is for everyone.

• Members

I'm not sure what to think of mine. It almost seems like an unfinished project in some respects. The tuning and sweep of the tone knob seems like it could be better and is really my main complain. In spite of all the swirly sounds and different things it can do it just always seems to be either too bright, too dark or too full range.

I feel like i never know what the decay knob is going to do... in this respect it seems like it's doing the job of three knobs, so there's a lot of cool stuff in there but you don't have much control over it.

I also prefer a delay level control rather than a mix knob on delay pedals.

But that's just me... Not every pedal is for everyone.

guess we all should just get an Echobox instead, right?

• Members

I've had a bunch of delays. The SMMH isn't on my board, but it's a keeper. I like the versatility, how well it sits in the mix, and the overall ease of use. However, I have noticed the volum drop depending on where it is in the chain (haven't figured what that's about yet), I totally can't make the looper work for me (why can't it be like every other pedal - tap down for on and off? HELLO!), and I think I need to replace the bypass switch as its been acting funky.

But yeah, overall - winner!!

• Members
I've had a bunch of delays. The SMMH isn't on my board, but it's a keeper. I like the versatility, how well it sits in the mix, and the overall ease of use. However, I have noticed the volum drop depending on where it is in the chain (haven't figured what that's about yet), I totally can't make the looper work for me (why can't it be like every other pedal - tap down for on and off? HELLO!), and I think I need to replace the bypass switch as its been acting funky.

But yeah, overall - winner!!

I notice a volume drop myself, but it seemed to wind up working out alright in a band context so I'm not really worried about it anymore. It's a bit of a let down by myself, but the rest more than makes up for it. I've never really used a looper myself so I don't have a frame of reference on that one but I can see it being awkward I suppose. I think it can be modded but I'm not quite sure

Archived