Would you do this trade?

Loobs

• Members

My mid 90s LP Special with Lollar P90s for an early 70s Orange OR120 (?) with Mullards?

I played one last weekend with my Les Paul and it sounded utterly incredible. Just a huge warm clean verging on overdrive. I can only imagine how good it'd sound with the Timmy and a nice fuzz. It'll knock me down to one electric for the time being but I do have money put away for a #2 when something good comes along.

4806331455_04b7a8b479.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it not an OR120?
:idk:

Yea the thick cleans on those a thick as {censored}, not a fan of the EQ though...

What kind of a clean sound you looking for mate?

yup, it's an OR120. Not looking for spanky Fender clean, more something gritty and thick that will work with overdrive well. Don't play clean hardly at all in this current band and what little I do I can just get by backing off the volume. Played one last week in Rocker's and it sounded {censored}ing amazing.

• Members

As a trade, yea id do it... but the sound you are looking for is JCM800 man... the 800 has a glassier punch, these OR120s are pretty dark as mentioned above, but do pack a whallop... Id do it personally... The OR series of Orange amps are THE amps... the AD series and rockers do nothing for me :idk:

• Members

We'll see what he says. It's a trade up from the Gibson, even though it's a lovely guitar and I spent the money having the Lollars put in. Can't go wrong really. I find JCM800s a bit bright and harsh sounding.

burgerqueen'd

• Members

Nothing like an old skool Orange :cool:

We'll see what he says. It's a trade up from the Gibson, even though it's a lovely guitar and I spent the money having the Lollars put in. Can't go wrong really.
I find JCM800s a bit bright and harsh sounding.

Were you using stock speakers aka G12-75s? Horribly harsh sounding speakers in the upper mids, I don't know why Marshall ever matched them up with the 800, they must have been cheaper I guess :idk:

Archived