Would you do this trade?

Loobs

• Members

Loobs, you mentioned you were putting $$ away for a good backup guitar, but you already have a good backup guitar that you're looking to trade away for an amp you've discovered. Seems like alot of flipping and trading, when all you need/want that you don't already have is this Orange amp. Why not just buy a new/used Orange (in the model you know sounds badass) when your funds can afford it?

If its an instant gratification thing, ignore this post. I've been there. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I regret trading an original 72 fender tele custom (I got from a blues

Cat fromTexas who moved to MI) for an orange rocker 30 Head that I sold less than

A year later.

That trade isn't really comparable to this. A vintage guitar for a modern mass produced amp vs. a modern mass produced guitar against a vintage amp.

• Members

If the amp is in good working order, I would not hesitate, not even for a moment, to make that trade. Nothing against that LP but you're acquiring a badass Vintage Orange, a level of quality and sound that Orange no longer even remotely approaches with their new amps, for a late model LP.

Do it!

Then again, do you need that kinda volume? Gotta run those {censored}ers LOUD to really get 'em singing.....

• Members

The one I tried the other day didn't sound anywhere near as loud as I was expecting, and I opened it up. Certainly nothing like 1959SLP Plexi...

We'll see if he gets back to me, he seems keen but hasn't replied for a while now.

• Members

Got back to me saying he doesn't wanna do it because the guitar is non-original and doesn't have the ohsc and apparently isn't as desirable as the tv yellow models. Oh well.

Welp, looks like that savings can go towards a new amp!

Shouldn't be impossible. Get a Matamp! Jack's in love with his.

• Members

I find JCM800s a bit bright and harsh sounding.

After spending over two hours playing one this weekend I disagree completely... I was even playing my EGC with Alumitones and there was tons of low end thump and a pretty responsive EQ. I guess compared to an Orange, a traditionally dark amp anything sounds bright and harsh.

• Members

Welp, looks like that savings can go towards a new amp!

Shouldn't be impossible. Get a Matamp! Jack's in love with his.

Yeah - I'll agree with this. Of course, I think that everyone in England should get a Matamp since they cost so {censored}ing much over here.

• Members

They're not exactly cheap over here either.

No {censored}? That makes me sad since I always had a scheme to come visit some friends there and end up bringing home a Matamp on the cheap :lol:

How much do they usually run over there?

Archived