HCFX PEDAL POLL

RoboPimp

• Members

Will there be PCBs or is this going to be on veroboard?

I really want to be a part of this, but late April is going to be a busy time for me with work and I'm going to be moving. Middle of May is around when I'll be more free to devote to the project, but even if we want to build sooner I'd still like to help even if it is in a more limited capacity.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i thought the sample rate reducer spentron finished sounded great.

that said, it looks like V's fuzz has all the momentum at this point and he and westarttodrift are actually getting us to the building stage. So, I'm on board with this. I guess we need to start talking about raising funds, finding builders, and voting on artwork. Should probably be a new thread. Where's Naterel?

• Members

I don't mind populating a bunch PCB's, I can do them pretty quickly but boxing up isn't fun (or quick) for me, so I don't mind sending the completed PCB's on to someone else. Anyway the offer is there, you know where to find me if you want me to, if not that's cool... just shout.

Edit, as long as I can get the money back for sending them wherever they need to go, I'm cool.

• Members

Ok, so I recorded some clips. Not my most stellar recording quality ever, but here are four different modes:

First is the basic mode.

1:30 is about the start of the Germanium Booster Section

4:15 is The Unboosted Mode with Octave

5:22 to the end is the Germanium Boosted Mode with Octave

Now, keep in mind I don't have any knobs hooked up to the breadboard so the thing is always on at full (very loud) volume and gain is controlled via guitar volume knob and picking dynamics.

That sounds great!

• Members
We've actually got a PCB designed (thanks to Drift) and would be ready to go, pretty much. We're trying to come up with a name and some finer details like the labels of the controls. The controls are very basic but also very functional.

Bypass (Duh)

Input Level Knob (Acts as a Gain Knob, Essentially)

Octave On/Off (Toggle Switch)

Fuzzy Boost On/Off (Footswitch)

Boost Output Level Knob (So you don't get a ridiculously loud boost when you hit the Footswitch)

Output Level Knob

The other possible way to do this would be to put the octave on a footswitch and the boost on a toggle. I'd love to do bot but three footswitches would result in a pretty huge box for a fuzz. Both have their advantages, really. I don't know if it's feasible to offer it with both choices available to people or...I guess I'd have to check how much room there is, but I suppose the other thing would be a switch that selects between the octave being on the footswitch or the booster being on the footswitch...hmm.

Anyway, any suggestions for a name? I think it should probably be forum history related. Since the Shampoo Ruse is it's own thing already, we should leave it be. The main things that are coming to mind are "Pepperhead," "Crystal Lettuce Red Dot Version," "Bar None Fuzz," etc. Help me out, here.

Wow, that sounds really cool. :snax:

Archived