HCFX PEDAL POLL

RoboPimp

• Members

How about this. We create a pedal that has the exact tone suck characteristics of a big muff when bypassed when you engage it. So, basically it's a big muff but it never big muffs. It's either true bypassed or poorly bypassed.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want this tone. I'd pay 1k plus for a pedal that can do that.

I'm going to put a walkman's guts in a hammond, record this on a tape, and keep it on my pedalboard for ever. Does anyone know if the Radioshack kit (below) will keep whatever is recorded indefinitely. If not, anyone have a simple circuit to do that?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102855

• Members

I built the sample rate reducer and it's interesting. Can get some sounds I really like. One thing, regarding the fuzz+sample idea, with the sample it really doesn't matter what kind of gain you put in front of it much, gain is gain. Add a clean mix and then it matters, put your whole armada of fuzzes and ODs through it though. I think many more could find it useful with clean mix anyway. It can get somewhat chorusey or tremelo-ish when tuned, or you actually hear the disharmonic intervals otherwise. I'm not totally sold on it but also not sure I want to be without one now :rolleyes: Something even more fun could be devised?

I was able to reduce the noise some and clean mix reduces it more (the clean mix circuit itself is still a hack). To be continued ...

• Members

Very glad to see the popularity of the big crusher. I couldn't care less about adding a fuzz to the pedal, but if that's the will of the people that's fine by me.

eat your words pigtronix philosopher!

and thanks for taking your time to build the circuit spentron!

• Members

I built the sample rate reducer and it's interesting. Can get some sounds I really like. One thing, regarding the fuzz+sample idea, with the sample it really doesn't matter what kind of gain you put in front of it much, gain is gain. Add a clean mix and then it matters, put your whole armada of fuzzes and ODs through it though. I think many more could find it useful with clean mix anyway. It can get somewhat chorusey or tremelo-ish when tuned, or you actually hear the disharmonic intervals otherwise. I'm not totally sold on it but also not sure I want to be without one now
:rolleyes:
Something even more fun could be devised?

I was able to reduce the noise some and clean mix reduces it more (the clean mix circuit itself is still a hack). To be continued ...

Awesome.

Do it.

• Members

- IF the sample rate reducer becomes a viable circuit, then yes, I think a clean blend would be essential.

- I think most people liked the 'shampoo ruse' because of the way it looks (badass), not so much the circuit. No reason we can apply the same idea to a different circuit.

- If we go with a dirt, try not to make it something generic (tubescreamer, muff, fuzz face etc) at least do something a little less common. Even if it;s just a tonebender or an octave fuzz.

- No mojo components. Try to keep it as cheap and easy to procure parts as possible.

• Members

What's happening with this? I really feel all of this market research is going to stick this project in development hell. You can't please everyone. Not everyone wants a fuzz, not everyone sees the point in a bit crusher. I don't think the point of the HCFX pedal should be to make a pedal that would be usable for everyone. It should just be a momento about our community and if people see a use for it then great. It's not like everyone who bought the Melxotone instantly stapled them to their board.

• Members

I hope this doesn't upset anyone but I think I'm just going to independently make some Shampoo Ruses and post them in the spam thread when they're done. I'm going to make some with vintage components and have it be based off the Fuzz Face and I'm going to make another with modern components and have it be more of a glitchy/velcroey type of fuzz. I really hope to see this official HCFX pedal take off though.

Archived