Tone Factor Is Done :(

CrystalLake

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here, best store for international customers.

Site is down now. Everyone is buying deals. Grrr!

Prymaxe carries Mojo Hand stuff, I was wondering about that. So they seem to be available not exclusively from Tonefactor anymore. Good!

• Members

Hope I'll get to grab my last tonefactor pedal with a 15% discount...Website's down atm:(

Edit: Up and running again:)

I feel like buying something cool just for the hell of it? Any ideas for something sub $150 that's hot right now and pricey in Europe and rare on the used market here? Or in other words: Something that's both useable as well as easy flipable? :)

• Members

shouldn't change anything, Mojo Hand is its own entity as far as I know and is still going strong.

Yeah, I asked on the Facebook post and that's what they said. Mojo Hand is still going (and I think going to release some new pedals soon?)

• Members

Man, that sucks...

Although you could see it coming, they barely had stock of stuff lately, I guess they were trapped on their own economics. That and some other new retailers showing up made the rest. (I would love to know for example who's behind prymaxevintage, they have a huuuge stock and that needs a big investment to start it)

But yap, sad because I ordered from them a lot of times, they were alwayts reliable and super nice people.

• Members

That's too bad to hear, always liked Brad. I sometimes thought his return policy was overly generous, and I wonder if it cost him too much in the end, but I'm just speculating. It was truly the best customer service policy I've ever seen, but maybe not the best business decision. Anyway, I hope he does well with his next adventure, Mojo Hand or whatever else it might be. A talented guy for sure.

As for the PGS hate here, not sure I quite get it. Between their weekly free pedals (including international), always supporting out BOTB with free pedals (more than anyone else), and also a pretty damn good return policy, i don't get the hate. But them I'm biased I suppose. I always thought the top 2 pedal companies were Tonefactor and PGS, but the video use by PGS was just a far superior way to draw in an audience. Other companies have clearly caught on now, and there are some other good alternatives for sure. Good to have options, but I'm sorry to see Tonefactor fold.

Archived